Asset Manager at Nestoil
Nestoil is Nigeria’s largest indigenous Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning (EPCC) Company in the Oil and Gas sector and has been a significant contributor to local content in the industry since inception about 30 years ago. With about 2,000 direct employees, Nestoil continues to redefine industry standards in Pipeline Construction, Repairs and Maintenance with associated facilities for Dredging, River Crossing and Shoreline Protection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Asset Manager
- We are looking to hire an experienced Asset Manager to join our diverse team in our Company – Nestoil Limited.
- In this role, you will be responsible for overall leadership of the Asset and Marine Departments.
As an Asset Manager you will:
- Provide strong oversight leadership to enable effective delivery of efficient Asset and Marine strategy across the Group’s business
- Develop, upgrade and implement approved Asset and Marine strategies, policies and programs which support the Group’s business strategy and objectives
- Finalize annual budget and plan for the Asset and marine departments
- Communicate Group wide Asset and Marine strategies, policies, initiatives and plans to the subsidiaries to ensure understanding, buy-in and standards of application
- Liaise with functional leaders to determine Asset and Marine requirements and ensure delivery of prioritized, tailored and focused services that add value and meet business objectives
- Manage all aspects of preventive and corrective maintenance pertaining to all Obijackson Group Asset
- Coordinate and ensure successful equipment pre-mobilisation exercise and demobilization for all projects within the Group
- Oversee the scheduling/planning of equipment maintenance and ensure that downtime due to equipment breakdown is minimized.
- Oversee the management of all equipment and ensure they are functional/in good condition and defective equipment are promptly repaired.
- Diagnose and proffer cost effective solutions to challenging/difficult repair works/tasks in the unit/department
- Work closely with the head of Supply chain/ warehouse and the maintenance planner to ensure the availability of critical spares for equipment
- Make certain that all required spares for equipment and marine vessels maintenance are provided as at when required
- Manage relationships with contractors/clients to ensure customer satisfaction and achievement of business objective.
- Moderate toolbox meetings and provide coaching to team members
- Ensure strict adherence to HSE policies and procedures and that safe work methods are regularly applied.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by your Supervisor/Line manager
What are we looking for?
- First Degree in Engineering, Social Sciences or management. `
- Relevant professional certification.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience
- Strong Leadership and supervisory abilities
- Organization and coordination skills
- Team management skills
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office tools
- Good understanding of the company’s business and logistics operations
- Good communication skills including ability to prepare and present concise oral and written operations reports and briefings
- Meeting management
- Client orientation
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- Good work ethics
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Good Knowledge of applicable safety procedures and policies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2023.