The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on behalf of WorldFish seeks suitable Nigerians for the position below at the Country Office in Ibadan:
Job Title: Technical Assistant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months’ renewable
- WorldFish is an international, non-profit research and innovation organization reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty across Africa, Asia, and the Pacific.
- For over 45 years, our work on sustainable aquaculture and fisheries has improved the lives of millions of women, men, and youth.
- Fish and other aquatic foods grown in and harvested from oceans, lakes, rivers, and ponds provide income for more than 800 million people and provide 3.3 billion with 20% of their animal protein intake. Our focus on sustainability makes sure that the way we produce and use these foods today means a plentiful future for generations to come.
- Liaise with the Aquaculture Technology Transfer Officer to monitor the GIFT parent stock transferred and maintained in a bio secure facility, and functional GIFT brood stock quarantine facility at Premium Aquaculture Ltd., and raising F1 to produce F1 broodstock and produce F2 progeny.
- Assist in the procurement of feed for the grow out pilots.
- Assist in the implementation of inputs distribution to pilot grow out and SME hatchery farmers in Delta, Kwara, Nasarawa and Ogun States.
- Raise issues with the Officer-in-Charge of Nigeria for trouble shooting.
- Liaise with the Delta Coordinator, and Aquaculture Technology Transfer Officer and work with the identified consultants to set up two to three SME GIFT hatchery operators in Delta, Ogun, Kwara and Nasarawa States.
- Liaise with the Delta Coordinator and Aquaculture Technology Transfer Officer to organise identified grow out farmers in Delta, Ogun, Kwara and Nasarawa to start the GIFT grow out pilots.
- Assist in procurement of hapa nets and feed for the GIFT SME hatchery and grow out operators.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
- HND / BSc in Fisheries, Aquaculture, Animal Science or any other related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in aquaculture farm operations particularly in tilapia with a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be experienced in aquaculture farm data collection, farm record keeping, and monitoring preferably in donor-funded or non-for-profit environment setup.
- Be computer literate and have basic data processing knowledge.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th August, 2023.