Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast-growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on-trade-dominated market but with a fast-growing off-trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Graduate Trainee
Job Requisition ID: JR1089621
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Job Level: 6 Level 6
Worker Type: Graduate
How Does the Programme Work?
- During the 2-year rotational programme you will gain a broad overview of the wider supply chain and procurement business, whilst developing your advanced leadership capabilities.
- You’ll have an opportunity to gain experience in a broad range of specialisms such as Manufacturing, Procurement, Sustainability, Engineering, Technical, and Planning & Logistics.
- Your learning path will depend on your academic background and business requirements.
Some typical rotations include:
- Planning and Logistics – in P&L you will drive what products and materials exist across our supply chain to meet customer needs. With our Logistics team leading the warehousing, transport, and delivery of our products from the manufacturing site to our customers.
- Manufacturing – here you’ll be responsible for ensuring our products are made to the highest standards and in the most efficient way. You will be at the heart of our operations, building your leadership skills from the engine room of our business.
- Procurement – you’ll have the opportunity to build and protect Diageo’s reputation across our supply base, ensuring we have services, partnerships and products that meet our needs today and tomorrow.
- At Diageo, we believe in fostering a culture of continuous learning where every day presents an opportunity for growth, development. Across your graduate programme, you will have a combination of formal training, mentoring and hands on learning with the wider Africa Cohort. This will help you gain a strong foundation of leadership skills, a deep understanding of Diageo’s operations and feel empowered by the end of your programme to follow various career paths within our organisation.
- Sustainability – you will work with our whole value chain – the people, resources and environment that contribute to our success, from grain to glass.
- Technical – in our Technical teams you’ll work with specialists in brand change, science and technology, safety, quality, environmental sustainability, and governance to ensure we innovate and grow while protecting our people, brands, and the environment.
- Engineering – you’ll have the opportunity to work at the heart of an enormous manufacturing operation where you will get the chance to work on industry leading technology projects and, of course, help us shape the future! As an Engineer in our talented team, you could be working on anything from managing global capex projects to ensuring the delivery of efficient and effective maintenance and repair, problem solving and improvement of assets and their availability across our international sites.
- Over the two-year rotational programme, you’ll have a combination of formal training with a leadership curriculum, mentoring and coaching from respected colleagues and, most importantly, real world, on-the-job experience. From the beginning you’ll be working on projects that will develop and improve your skill set. You’ll be able to make a real contribution to the business while building a global network of relationships that will support your career, both now and long into the future.
Who are we looking for?
- On the qualification side, you’ll need to have acquired or be expecting to acquire an academic degree, graduating in 2024 or within the last 2 years. We recruit from a variety of disciplines ranging from Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, to Business, Law and Social Sciences.
- You’ll need to be a curious, flexible, self-motivated team-player who loves to turn ideas into action and someone who shows integrity, respect for others and, above all, a passion for learning something new every day.
- Most importantly, we ask you to be you. Come as you are, with your own ideas and ambitions, and let’s celebrate your talent and empower you to reach your fullest potential.
What are the rewards?
- With everything you can learn here, and the long-term opportunities we have to offer, the Future Leaders Programme could just be the best decision you’ve ever made.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st November, 2023.