Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Supervisor
Ref No: R82386
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-Time
- As a HSE Supervisor under the guidance of the HSE Business Partner/HSE Manager, you will be responsible for the routine delivery of all HSE policies, practices and operations for the HSE function within APM Terminals, Apapa.
- Plan, develop, Implement and audited the company HSSE management framework and HSSE standards and culture in offices, Depots, and warehouses.
- Manage all HSSE matters within the country (especially depot operation and Whs) in accordance to corporate, global, and regional standards.
- Plan and execute HSSE training and awareness within assigned locations by using a TNA approach.
- Develop documentation based on HSSE management framework and periodically review and audit the documentation, Support area HSSE to produce an area HSSE audit for your scope.
- Identify, Implement and audit all applicable HSSE legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
- Develop and audit country HSSE Management Plan in line with the area and region strategy for operation, project to ensure a safe work environment for all site employees, contractors, visitors, and community.
- Ensure maintenance and availability of critical safety equipment and devices in line with law requirements.
- Conducts, updates HSSE risk profile and risk assessments and ensure risk reduction measures are undertaken and facilitates risk workshops.
- Investigate and report timely all HSSE incidents including learning packs and ensure incident corrective actions are followed up and closed.
- Audit vendors based on company requirements and follow-up to ensure adequate performance.
- Implement business continuity plan and ensure life cycle is followed up and BCM audited and updated with BCM centre team.
- Track and monitor all new investment project and provide support for any new business by raising HSSE section for BC cases and follow up until go live and ensure 6 months HSSE assurance on new projects.
- Implement and develop at the country level all health & safety, security, business continuity management and crisis management tasks.
- To provide support to the operation by maintaining a visible presence in site and providing HSSE technical support.
- Implement critical control point and specially the visual control points to ensure safe operation on the site and yards.
- Support the Area HSSE Manager for any other related tasks.
Who We Are Looking for
- HSE Certifications (NEBOSH IGC & ISPON Certified) Technical member of IOSH (TechIOSH)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with driving experience (manual transmission)
- Minimum 5 years experience in HSE
- Good communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of container terminal operational activities
- Effective negotiation, conflict resolution, and strong influencing skills
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives
- Proficiency in English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified