Nile University of Nigeria is a fast-growing private higher education institution located in Abuja. The University was founded in 2009 and is a member institution of Honoris United Universities, the first and largest Pan African network of Higher Institutions. Nile University has over 6,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, 38 undergraduate programs across six faculties, as well as 51 postgraduate programs across six faculties.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technologist (College of Health Sciences)
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking to engage highly competent and result-oriented Technologists to join our dynamic College of Health Sciences in the capacity below:
- Technologist I
- Technologist II
- The College runs four (4) undergraduate programs in Medicine (MBBS), Anatomy (B.Sc), Physiology (B.Sc) and Public Health (B.Sc) as well as Masters in Public Health (MPH). It graduated its first set of doctors recently.
- Eligible candidates with strong personal & professional integrity are advised to apply to the following academic departments:
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Medical Biochemistry
General Qualifications & Experience
- B.Sc in a related field (Anatomy, Physiology & Biochemistry) with a Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology (SLT) and registered with the Nigerian Institute of Science Laboratory Technology (NISLT). A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Candidates for Technologist I position must have a minimum of two (2) years cognate professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of laboratory techniques, equipment, and safety protocols.
- Proficient in using laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Demonstrated ability to perform laboratory procedures and experiments with precision and accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot laboratory equipment and experimental procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and ethical considerations in laboratory research.
- Candidates are expected to possess relevant experience working in a laboratory setting, preferably in an academic or research environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to contribute to the achievement of the Institution’s Development Plan and the institution’s strategic planning processes.
- Possess the ability to prioritize and accurately complete tasks, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Affiliation with a Professional body
- Must be adept in the use of MS Office Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications including their current Curriculum Vitae (CV) in PDF (saved with their Full Name), their Cover Letter explaining how they meet the advertised criteria (also in PDF) and Names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about their professional achievements and abilities to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email e.g, Technologist I – Human Anatomy Department.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 31st July, 2023.