Storekeeper at Wartsila
Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Storekeeper
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Storekeeper to join our West Africa Operational Organization and based in Calabar, Nigeria, and you will be reporting to the Maintenance Manager.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Store keeper, your daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Receive incoming goods, check for damage and for discrepancies between goods, purchase orders and invoices.
- To actively participate in the Continuous Improvement Process (developing quality, delivery, safety, and methods).
- Keep the store or warehouse area in clean-cut condition according to guidelines to ensure work safety and ergonomics (5S practice). – Coach and develop other colleagues in daily work.
- Accurately sort, label, and store goods; arrange storage to optimize warehouse space.
- Pick and deliver goods according to relevant logistics process.
- Pack, label and dispatch outgoing goods with relevant documents.
- Maintain logistics data to relevant systems to maintain up-to-date stock and inventory records; retrieve stored information to respond to enquiries (for example on stock transfer, inventory levels or delivery schedules.)
- Perform other routine office activities according to the organization’s established procedures. These activities may include updating stock cards and inventory records; and completing receipt, transfer, delivery, and dispatch forms.
- 3 years of experience in a similar experience.
- Proficient MS Office knowledge.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th December, 2023.