Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Clerk
Location: Talata Mafara, Zamfara
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Indefinite
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Carrying out purchases of a supply office according to MSF standards and protocols in order to ensure an ongoing supply of all sorts of goods
- Carrying out the purchases of a supply office on the basis of purchase documents issued by the line manager and managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchasing.
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), advances issued by the Finance Department etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper and supply activity supervisor
- Update information on purchase lists after purchases are made.
- Informs the Supply supervisor of all information or modifications to the “item-supplier” data: price, address, items available
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing procedure. Below an agreed threshold, directly assessing the local market, seeks products and suppliers that offer the best value for money, and negotiates prices.
- Placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval.
- Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office. Informing the Logistics or Supply Supervisor and Log Co/ Logistics Manager of all information or modifications to the “item-supplier” data: price, address, items available….
MSF Section/Context-Specific Accountabilities
- Pack (according to transport means), weigh and label freight (destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport) and assign a shipping number to each package, in accordance with the line manager’s instructions.
- Processing all orders and requests and communicating regularly on their status with the initial clients: order received, approval stage, confirmation, backorder, lead times, and reporting problems to line manager
- Request invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, check they are correctly filled and translate information written in local language before approval.
- Communicating with local suppliers (status of order, claims) and reporting problems to line management
- Performing the day to day purchases for Zamfara Project under the supervision and guidance of the respective supervisor, supply manager/ supply activity officer.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Essential, Secondary Education; Commerce related studies desirable
- At least two years in supply chain related jobs
- Mission and local language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Service Orientation, Stress Management, Enthusiasm to represent MSF to others, Accuracy, Attention to details
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Should send their CV, Cover Letter and necessary credentials only to: [email protected] using “Purchasing Clerk” as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Only candidates based in Talata Mafara would be considered)
- Lastly, only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- No Transportation and/or Allowance will be provided during the recruitment process.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization
Application Deadline 26th May, 2023 (5:00 PM).