ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position:
Job Title: Administration and Procurement Manager
- This position will be part of the Finance & Admin team that is based in Lagos, Nigeria, led by the Head of Finance & Admin.
- The position holder will lead, manage and coordinate administrative and procurement functions and ensure that the office runs smoothly, and procurement management is cost-effective.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities:
- Supervise all activities of the Admin department
- Provide reports to management on a regular basis on the activities managed and cost-cutting initiatives.
- Monitor, supervise and ensure safety measures are incorporated into all business office development
Potential Activities and Projects:
- Supervise all activities of the Administration department
- Deliver all admin services in the most efficient manner to facilitate the functions of other departments
- Train administration staff on best practices
- Achieve cost savings wherever possible by negotiating and identifying legitimate vendors.
- Prepare purchase proposals for equipment
- Monitor various activities and service/maintenance contracts
- Coordinate and management of all administrative issues like hygiene, stationeries, & Welfare
- Supervise all maintenance activities and maintain a regular maintenance schedule
- Establish the SLAs for all service providers and suppliers and monitor compliance.
- Ensure insurance policy is adhered to at all premises and premium charges paid promptly
- Develop adequate records of fleet management/movement, and put in place policies/structures to guard against abuse
- Enforce proper management and efficient utilization of stores
Required Skills & Experience
- Diploma / Degree in Business / Administration
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet project deadlines
- At least 7 years’ working experience in administration with at least 2 years experience in a Managerial position.
- Experience in financial analysis and decision making
- Experience in managing contracts with various vendors and ensuring SLAs are adhered to
- Excellent computer skills
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong ability in planning and organization.
- Team player and dynamic self-starter.
- Good communicator with a relational ease
- Detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Ethical team player who can work under pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!