Area Sales Manager at Promasidor
Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job type: Full-time – Associate
- To effectively lead and manage all depot territory activities to achieve a high level of customer service and satisfaction at a profit whilst ensuring full compliance with company policies and procedures
- Drive daily engagement with STEs where customers performance will be reviewed and timelines agreed.
- Manage day-to-day and sales operations of the depot/ Sales Territories including all assets within the depot and the Vans for secondary sales.
- Identify skills competency gaps of STEs with a view to filling the gaps.
- Monitor and analyse products stock versus sales forecast to have 0% OOS.
- Responsible for inventory management and ensure zero expired / obsolete stock. Makes sure that the FIFO rule is strictly followed.
- Make sure the stock returned from customers are complying with the stock return policy.
- Check and raise alerts on any issues with the stock that would make it improper to sell.
- Liaise with the insurance company on behalf of the assigned depot to ensure 100% cover of all inventory in the depot
- Manage depot costs in line with company policy.
- Monitor and analyse distributors performance with a view to assisting the distributors increase capacities.
- Making appointments with & meeting new Customers in person or by phone, e-mail or other safe Social Media platforms.
- Proper documentation of all business transaction documents & reconciliation.
- Drive a motivated sales team by implementing a special incentive scheme as well as applying appropriate sanctions for non-compliance.
- Fully in-charge of the Route to Market Activities and related personnel: STEs, OMSRs and VSRs.
- Carry out any assigned food safety jobs by the head of department/ food safety team leader.
- Ensure full compliance of all forms of Credit exposure to Distributors by the Company
- Drive quarterly meetings with distributors to review health check report with a view to improve distributors performance.
- Liaise with onsite security to ensure the safety of Promasidor goods and assets
- Record and report all accidents and near misses in the depot
- Monitor, analyse and report MTD & YTD sales by Depot/Category/Brand/SKU to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Agree and review route plan with team with a view to ensuring that all customers are captured.
- Monitor and review territory performance by STE/Customer/Category/Brand/SKU.
- Monitor and ensure price compliance in the the territory and also report competitors activities.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in sales preferably in the manufacturing industry.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Organizing and planning
- Business acumen
- Service level monitoring
- Basic Selling skills
- Data analysis and Utilization.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Relationship Management
- Decision Making
- Customer relationship
- Strategic Thinking.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified