Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Scheduler
Job Requisition ID: JR1082022
Location: Ogba, Ikeja – Lagos
Job type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
- The Production Scheduler in the Plan COE is responsible for scheduling the production lines in to the local operations. It is locally based reporting to the Scheduling Manager.
- Working closely with central production planners, site operations and local material schedulers and site operations the role schedules the production lines for the agreed frozen period to ensure fulfilment of customer demand while scheduling production to optimise available production capacity.
- This role must be capable of balancing the need for excellent customer service with the requirement to maximise available capacity and meet site OEE targets.
- To do this the role requires excellent knowledge of local production operations and constraints and excellent communication and negotiation skills while possessing skills in root cause and trend analysis.
- Production line scheduling.
- Tracking performance and course correction
- Production line performance measurement.
- Data maintenance
KPIs (at operation level)
- Capacity Utilisation.
- Adherence to agreed production plan
- Conformance to Schedule (MAKE KPI)
- OEE measurement. (MAKE KPI)
Financial and Operational Complexity:
- Responsible for assigned market(s), considering the following ranges:
- Assigned NSV value of ~£160 M from over ~4 M EU cases, directly impacting COGS ~£60M and ~£18M of inventory.
- 1 Markets
- 2 Plants
- 10-12 Production Lines (market dependent)
- 20 – 220 FG SKUs
- ~7 Warehouses
Manage the local Production Scheduling process:
- Create and run a daily sequenced production schedule for a number of production lines under within the agreed frozen period for the operation
- Re-align production schedule, based on line performance, short term material availability, quality and service.
- Advise planning teams of any significant variances to agreed schedule that impact inventory or customer service
- Align weekly production schedule with local operations team balancing operational efficiency with service and inventory targets.
- Align scheduling rates per product group on a 3-monthly cycle based on demonstrated performance to deliver stable plans and drive long term rough cur capacity planning and material requirements.
- Support process improvement through interpretation of performance analytics.
- Ensure an ongoing tracking of relevant scheduling KPIs and reason coding.
- Work collaboratively with SCD, Site leadership, Material Planner and Logistics teams to deliver market requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the Supply Planner to respond to insights from medium term plans to help them to shape forward shift patterns, capacity requirements and resource implications.
- Perform root cause and trend analysis on issues relating to production line conformance to schedule.
Drive standardisation and automation of systems and processes:
- Ensure local production scheduling systems and processes in place are aligned to global supply planning codification strategy and standards.
- Ensure effective ways of working with Data, CoE and local production/technical teams to ensure schedules are created within agreed capacity for the operation.
- Ensure that all master data pertaining to production scheduling (e.g., BOMs, recipes, batch sizes etc.) is maintained in the appropriate information systems (e.g. SAP ECC6, APO).
- Implement/contribute to process improvements across the wider CoE.
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate Supply Chain, Engineering, or Business Degree.
- APICS CPIM / CSCP or equivalent desirable.
- +3 years in a planning or production environment in CPG (Production planning/scheduling, production systems/management, Materials Planning)
- Additionally, some wider cross functional experience and beverage materials categories preferable. E.g. procurement, packaging, raw materials.
- Experience with advanced Supply Planning platform (e.g SAP ECC6 MRP/Materials management and SAP APO would be an advantage).
Skills and Capabilities
- Knowledge of MPS/MRP and scheduling methodology.
- Good communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Customer centric mind set.
- High degree of quantitative and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS applications e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook.
- Experience in material or production scheduling.
- Understanding and experience in plant operations.
- Experience within supply chain optimisation platforms (ERP / master data, time-phased replenishment planning systems).
- Detailed understanding of end to end supply chain operational processes within Diageo e.g. DRP, MPS, inventory, conversion, logistics and customer service.
- Influencing and stakeholder engagement skills.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to lead the efforts to develop effective production schedules considering each market’s individual circumstances.
- Inability to coordinate or prioritise activities, or to manage market and CoE’s stakeholders’ expectations.
- Lack of credibility with CoE Leadership and country stakeholders (Site Managers, Supply Chain Directors).
- Lack of effective and clear communication skills
- Inability to think in the future to anticipate problems and risks
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply