Procurement Officer at Egbin Power Plc
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- To check for approval of all incoming invoices for equipment and services
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date library of suppliers and products and service catalogues.
- Ensure availability of the right quality and quantity of the material required in the plant
- Optimize procurement lead time and cost of materials procured within the guideline and control parameters
- Monitor vendors to ensure contractual obligations are timely met
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to prevent non-mechanical and mechanical l materials from being out of stock.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers and their price options
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that purchased goods and supplies are of high quality
- Responsible for issuing requests for quotations for all major equipment and services supplies.
- Prepare technical and financial comparison sheets for major or expensive equipment tenders.
- Ensure a follow-up of all client instructions and agreements according to price negotiations and conditions for the delivery time of all purchased material
- Inspection of all incoming goods upon arrival for compliance.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration and Engineering or any other relevant Degree
- Postgraduate Degrees or certifications in supply chain or any relevant field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years as a procurement officer or related position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th December, 2023.