Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 1-year renewable
- Assist in monitoring information based on predetermined indicators, data from the target groups on regular basis and collaborate with WorldFish research program teams.
- Prepare regular schedules for data and information collection from the target groups.
- Ensure proper storage/filing of M&E document including questionnaire, monitor reports, datasets among others.
- Participate in regular data verification exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified.
- Collaborate with WorldFish Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to assist to develop databases on project activities.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of WorldFish implemented project, focus group discussions and other data collection method required.
- Work as part of the team, providing support where necessary in other administrative, information and management tasks.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Work in collaboration with TAAT Compact leader to ensure TAAT Phase II expected results are achieved.
- Assist in TAAT Phase II data repository related task needed for learning in the program using the digitalized M&E system.
- Assist in capturing activities, output and impact which results are aligned with AFDB Feed Africa’s objectives.
- Ensure rigorous and realistic monitoring of capacity development program.
- Support planning, reporting processing, harmonization of KPIs in alignment with the Feed Africa strategy.
- Assist stakeholders understand how the program is progressing and facilitates learning and feedback mechanisms.
- Assist in proactively providing management with pertinent information about how the program progress as well as generate new ideas which can direct the development of new initiatives.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Fisheries and Aquaculture, Agriculture or any other related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in aquaculture related data gathering and recording, preferably in donor funded or not for profit set up.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be experience in conducting farm surveys and field data collection, data storage, preferably in donor funded or not for profit environment set up.
- Be accurate, detail orientated and have good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Have the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience in using computerized data storage and analytical packages such as Excel, SPSS and data processing.
- Have the ability to think clearly and analytically, setting priorities, meeting deadlines, solving problems, and making timely and appropriate decisions;
- Have excellent communication skills verbal and written in English;
- Proficient in the use of ICT packages including Windows, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Have excellent interpersonal, networking, and negotiation skills with staff, value chain actors counterparts, and partners.
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th December, 2023.