Visa Incorporated operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in over 200 countries and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager, West Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- Everyone is a leader at Visa, and you will help to manage multiple marketing programs, ensuring maximum traction with clients and sharing your subject matter expertise.
- Confidently lead and facilitate marketing-related conversations with clients to surface potential opportunities, scope projects, and pitch proposals
- In collaboration with the business development team and other cross functional teams, engage directly with key clients to develop strong working relationships and thorough understanding of their business.
- Develop and execute client marketing initiatives (Banks, Fintechs and Merchants) with cross functional teams to strategize and propose impactful and relevant marketing programs to deliver set business/marketing objectives.
- Work extensively with marketing teams in other markets as well as local country cross-functional teams (i.e., Client Relationship, Merchant Sales and Acquiring, Product) to ensure smooth launch and execution of key business strategic initiatives.
- Define, manage, and accurately report budgets and deliver projects following due process and policies.
- Conduct analysis and provide locally driven thought leadership and advice by leveraging data, metrics, consumer trends and industry insights to be shared with internal teams, senior management, and external clients.
- Working with Research and Insights team, identify opportunities in the market through tracking of key payment trends, cardholder behavior, etc. and evaluate them to create strategic recommendations for future business propositions.
- Ensure that planned marketing activities align with key Visa priorities and client objectives and have well-defined business and marketing KPIs.
- Develop innovative, new to Visa ways of delivering value to clients and relevant stakeholder.
- Champion the brand position in markets
- Optimize the value of Visa’s global and local sponsorship portfolio to deliver against client and Visa objectives.
- Manage agency partners to execute digital first, integrated marketing programs and communications, endeavoring to break down silos and work together as One Visa
- Ensure timely executions from agencies and vendors as well as proper documentation and paperwork across the whole project lifecycle.
- A digital first Marketing professional with expertise and significant
- experience in marketing.
- Minimum of 8 years in a role related to planning and executing 360 degrees marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Innovative and creative thinker with a track record of delivery and ability to manage several projects concurrently and see them through from conception to conclusion
- Is a strong team player, able to work on multiple projects and in multi-functional teams
- Is comfortable working in a fast paced, hands-on, growth orientated work environment, must be adaptive to change
- Is self-confident and able to think on their feet
- Strong personal motivation and commitment
- Is proactive and demonstrate initiative.
- Has strong commercial acumen
- Pays strong attention to detail.
- A curious, self-driven individual who is passionate about the Payments industry, technology, innovation, and digital marketing.
- Self-directed and motivated
- Able to work with little management oversight
- Strong analytical skills. Comfortable working with data and insights to fuel creative thinking and problem-solving
- Experience with budget management and reporting.
- This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- Strategic marketing and creative thinking
- Robust and solid understanding of digital marketing and social media strategy
- Superior negotiation skills leading to timely and acceptable resolutions, sales skills.
- Client relationship and management skills
- Highly collaborative, able to motivate and influence multiple stakeholders in cross-functional areas of the business – both internal (matrix, global organization) and external partners (clients, agencies)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills – Development and preparation of executive level briefs
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified