IT Assistant at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Assistant
Requisition ID: req43354
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Category: Regular
Open to Expatriates: No
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Scope of Work
- The IT Department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations. An integral component of this effort is ensuring that Country Programs can implement and support these IT initiatives effectively across the country offices and in the field sites.
- Reporting to the IT Officer the IT Assistant will support the IT Officer in providing desktop support services to end-users, ensure all printers and photocopiers and in good working condition and monitor the office Network infrastructure. This also includes computers and end users’ applications installations, mobile device configurations, installation and configuration of network printers and other computer peripherals, and all aspects of local domain Active Directory management.
- A key aspect of this role is working closely with the IT Officer and Country IT Team to ensure all technology implementations are met.
- Position Holder will be based in Damaturu Yobe State.
- This position is for 6 months with the possibility of an extension depending on the availability of funding.
- The IT Assistant will be primarily responsible for providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops, laptops, and printers. Through our ticketing system, by direct contact and the telephone.
- Hardware Inventory – This position will work in our Global Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing, and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software.
- Preventative Maintenance – The technician will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance of “blackout windows”.
- Various Projects – The position will need to assist with various IT projects as needed.
- They will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to assistance with password resets, account creations, desktop, and laptop builds, and printer support.
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows 10 support, Microsoft Office 365 support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting.
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent customer support for all requests.
- Observe and uphold the IRC IT Acceptable Use Policy.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Snr IT Coordinator.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: IT Officer/Snr Manager.
- Position directly supervises None.
- Indirectly Reports: Senior IT Coordinator if applicable.
- External: Vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer science, and/or equivalent in a relevant field
Technical Skills & Experience:
- At least 1 – 2 years of relevant experience in IT,
- Experience working with the following software: Windows 10 Professional, MS Office 365, Sophos Anti-Virus, Routers, LAN, WAN, VSAT.
- Good technical writing/documentation skills
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem-solving.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work harmoniously with other staff members in cross-cultural contexts.
- Good verbal communication and report-writing skills with the ability to convey information effectively in the Country’s official language English. Knowledge of other country officials’ language is an added advantage.
- Customer & client-centered and service-oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work under pressure and diligently carry out instructions.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified