Estates Assistant Storeman at the British High Commission
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Estates Assistant Storeman – S1 (16/23 LOS)
Type of Position: Permanent
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Estates
Start Date: 1st September 2023
Main Purpose of Job
- To assist the BDHC Lagos Estates Store Man in maintaining the Estates stores in accordance with the Nigeria Network Stores policy and best Practice.
- Assist in keeping accurate record of all incoming and outgoing items from the Estates stores, Allocate materials to users of the store and collect return items back into the store with the expected period.
Roles and responsibilities
Financial and Budget Management and Asset management:
- Check delivery of goods from Supplier against Delivery note before receiving into Estates Stores.
- Issuance of needed cleaning items at WCC Cleaning-store on a weekly basis.
- Assist with preparing Beddings and Domestic Equipment Float for new arrivals or when requested for by the
- Estates team.
- Keep records of all Beddings and DEF issued out to Estate team for the residences.
- Issues and receive bedding from Laundry contractor, ensuring that items are properly documented before issuing out and tally’s with what is received back into store.
- Log in all items onto the Bin cards and ensure that they tally with Way bill and LPO.
- Conduct Visual test on equipment before issuing it out to the end user (TWG Artisans and Estates Assistants).
- Assist the store man in the proper accounting and periodic reporting of stock items and their financial value.
- Assist store man with the daily issuance of Estates Items (TWG and Furnishing) at Cameron road store.
- Assist the store man with the day to day management (Stock take, record and receipt) of the scrap store at
- Reeve road and furniture store at Windermere Compound.
- Serve as Leave cover for the estates store Man when on leave.
- Assist the Storeman in raising procurement requisitions.
- Assist the Storeman in conducting the quarterly OAR exercise.
- Escorts the pest control contractors working in Cameron Road and Reeve road compound with the leadership of the Estates Supervisor.
- Assist the Estates Store Man in the day to day management of the COSHH Store.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proficient in the use of English Language (Writing, speaking, listening and reading).
- Computer Literate – Good in use of Word, outlook and Excel Packages
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Should be Physically fit and able to lift items without constraints
- Previous Experience in Store Management will be added advantage
- Ability to learn fast on the Job.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work in a high paced team.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Good organizational skills and record keeping skills
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of Higher School Certificate.
- Health and Safety certificate.
- Flexibility to occasionally work beyond regular working hours.
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good store keeping knowledge and standards.
- Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment:
Learning and development opportunities:
- Store keeping
- Complete the mandatory e-learning courses on arrival and develop knowledge as necessary completing the available e-learning course
- Use of relevant Facilities Management software
- 7.5 hours/day
- 5.5 hours on Fridays
- Job will occasionally require working overtime
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British Deputy High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Application Deadline 3rd August, 2023.