Malteser International has been working in Nigeria since 2017. In Northeast Nigeria and more specifically in Borno State, MI is currently active in the WASH sector for improving the lives of both the IDP population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. They include NFI distribution, solarization of boreholes, rehabilitation of hand pumps, construction of latrines and hygiene promotion. Malteser International thereby applies a participatory, gender sensitive and inclusive approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Coordinator
Location: Pulka, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Area Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing strong leadership in the management of the MI program in Pulka.
- Working closely with and in support of Pulka based staff, the Area Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that there is adequate, sustained, and consistent support to staff to plan and implement WASH, Protection (G.B.V) and food security activities and address emerging needs themselves.
- She/he is responsible for ensuring there is understanding to comply with agreed international and donor standards and guidelines in project planning and implementation.
- Working closely with MI staff, the Area Coordinator will ensure strong coordination in achieving program deliverables.
- The Area Coordinator is responsible for ensuring close coordination with all stakeholders and close monitoring of overall context and cascade any issues that need attention of the Senior Coordination and Management Team at the Country Office in Maiduguri.
- Jointly work with the technical staff in the Country Office to develop an actionable, realistic and detailed implementation plan, aligned to aims, objectives of planned and ongoing projects.
- Represent MI and project interests specific to project implementation in Pulka. Pro-actively participate in sector meetings as per project scope, and other general coordination meetings.
- Enhance and create opportunities for MI and ongoing or /and planned projects.
- Keep abreast of technical development and conversations, regarding WASH, protection and future project development in food security and other sectors.
- Oversight of area project expenditure and monitor budget to actual expenditure in coordination with the Programme Administrator.
- In close coordination and robust collaboration with MI Senior Management and Coordination Team, ensure smooth implementation of project activities as per agreed detailed implementation plan.
- Work closely with Country Programme Coordinator in oversighting the roll-out of project monitoring plan, ensuring that agreed performance indicators are realised.
- Ensure key project deliverables, i.e. reports, and relevant donor guidelines are complied with.
- In close coordination with the Programme Administrator, ensure compliance with MI and donor operational guidelines, i.e. logistics, finance, human resources.
- At least 5 years with an INGO in a developing country and/or humanitarian context, with degree in relevant field of studies and proven understanding and experience of programatic/administrative context of Pulka.
- Commitment to MI values and standards and ability to cope in stressful and hostile work environments; willingness to travel to (deep) field locations and conduct partner visits.
- Excellent project management, partnership management and coordination experience and skills and ability to work effectively with local governments.
- Analytical, systems thinking and critical thinking skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgement and decisions.
- Capacity to work in a consistent manner with genuine interest in learning
- Pro-active, resourceful, solutions and results oriented with strong communication skills.
- Field teams management experience and capacity to work with and lead project teams working with partners to deliver an innovative programme with proven experience in security and safety as well as resource management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified