Alkanes Petroleum and Gas Limited is primarily involved in the trading, marketing and retailing of Petroleum products in Nigeria and West African sub-region. We also provide bulk petroleum product storage services in our modern Petroleum storage depot in Calabar, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assist the HSE/QC Manager in the management of HSQE at the depot
- Assist the HSE/QC Manager in the enforcement of the HSQE Policies, procedures, PPE, Permit to Work system (PTW) and compliance of regulatory requirements
- Ensure correct documentation of incidents and accidents including near misses
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by your line manager.
Experience and Qualifications
- A B.Sc Degree in Engineering or related Science courses
- 1-3 years of proven professional experience
- Certifications in safety (GHSE, NEBOSH, OSHA) would be an added advantage
- HSE related trainings is an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of risk assessment and hazard identification
- Excellent communication, report writing and analytical skills.
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office (Words/Excel/Power point/Outlook/Projects)
- Self-starter and a team player who is target and result-driven.
- Knowledge of the relevant HSE laws governing oil & gas exploration and production in Nigeria.
- Ability to apply a structured approach to identify issues and define solutions.
- Basic knowledge on accident prevention, incident investigation and safety regulations
- Knowledge of PPE usage and handling
- Creative and innovative Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using “HSE Officer Calabar” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 15th November, 2023.