Maintenance Technician at The Pan African University (PAU)
The Pan African University (PAU) is a flagship Institution of the African Union Commission, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This was the culmination of the decision of the Assembly of Heads of State and Governments of the African Union to create the Pan African University (EX.CL/579(XVII). It has five Institutes namely Life and Earth Sciences (including Health and Agriculture) at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria; Governance, Humanities, and Social Sciences at University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon; Science, Technology and Innovation at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenya; Water and Energy (including Climatic change) at University Tlemcen, Algeria and the Institute of Space Sciences, South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
- The maintenance technician will be responsible for conducting general maintenance and repairs on facility. equipment such as pumps, compressors, chillers, air-conditioners as well as property structures of the university.
- The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot by consulting blueprints, operational manual, and other sources as necessary.
- Manage heating and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
- Respond to the University’s maintenance emergency needs.
- Execute maintenance duties as directed by the supervisor or maintenance manager.
- Follow maintenance schedules as outlined.
- Inspect and verify status of assets including, Sewage and water pumps, air blowers, Power generating plants, Medium Voltage distribution equipment, water and sewage plants, HVAC.
- Carry out repairs and adjustments as needed.
- OND or Technical College certificate or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Requirements / Competencies:
- 2 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Manual dexterity and attention to detail
- Must be well-organized and can prioritize tasks.
- Experience in repair of Pumps, compressors and blowers and HVAC equipment is required.
- Experience in plumbing and pipe fitting will be an added advantage.
- The personnel should be ready to work on shift, including night shift.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.