New Incentives is a pioneer in a growing movement of giving small incentives to caregivers whose infants get immunized, while increasing awareness of the health benefits of childhood vaccinations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Recruiter
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
- At Ni-ABAE, our people are the most important resource. We’re looking for a highly skilled recruiter to join our team and help us find the right people for the right roles.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in recruitment or human resources, along with deep knowledge of the screening, interviewing, and hiring processes. We’re seeking someone who’s passionate about discovering untapped talent, driving company growth, and helping people develop successful careers.
- The candidate should be someone who is able to headhunt the right people within their network and fill in the gaps within timeframe.
- The candidate should be residing in North West or East Nigeria. Excellent communication skills, a learning mindset, and the ability to adapt quickly while supporting HR to recruit multiple people within short time are essential to succeed in this role.
Organizational and Project Summary
- The All Babies Are Equal (ABAE) Initiative (the Nigerian arm of the US organization, New Incentives) is incorporated as a Nigerian non-governmental organization (NGO) that is focused on demand creation for routine immunization in Nigeria through conditional cash transfers.
- The organization’s goal is to save lives in a cost-effective manner by increasing immunization coverage in the North West Nigerian States of operation: Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi, Gombe, Adamawa, Katsina, Zamfara and Jigawa States.
- The conditional cash transfer for routine vaccination intervention encourages vaccination through supply-side review, awareness creation on immunization and its importance, and cash transfers. After verifying vaccinations, caregivers of eligible infants are provided with N500 for the first four mandatory immunization visits and N2,000 for the last immunization visit.
- Additionally, ABAE engages in community mobilization and collaborates with governmental and other non-governmental organizations to encourage program uptake. ABAE is made up of over 170 staff with over 80% residing in North West Nigeria.
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
- Remain active with job boards, social networks, and platforms for finding quality candidates, promote adverts outside the organization and announce vacancies to other career platforms like https://deroundtable.com/ongoing-employment-opportunities-at-new-incentives/, https://www.myjobmag.com/jobs/latest-jobs-at-new-incentives-1, https://graduatejob.com.ng/job/new-incentives-job/, https://ngojobsite.com/?s=new+incentives
- Source applicants through online channels, such as LinkedIn and other professional networks
- Create job descriptions and interview questions that reflect the requirements for each position
- Review job description, post jobs on breezy.hr and other relevant platforms, especially social media.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, and the needs of the organization.
- Perform analysis of Staffing Review, turnover rate and anticipate future employment needs
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Monitor due dates to ensure no deadlines are not exceeded or extend due dates when necessary.
- Utilize knowledge of multiple recruiting sources and execute innovative strategies to find quality candidates and prospect for new positions.
- Screen resumes and CVs and manage job candidates throughout the hiring process, from interview preparation to final-offer negotiation.
- Compiling interview questions and conducting interviews with shortlisted candidates.
- Maintain a record of candidates including active and passive job opening, successful and unsuccessful candidates.
- Documenting processes and fostering good relationships with potential candidates and past applicants.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources Management or related field
- Masters in Human Resources is preferred.
- At least 2 – 5 years in a Human Resources position (general function).
- Three or more years of experience in recruitment or human resources
- Two or more years prior experience working for a non-profit, charitable organization, NGO or (I)NGO is an asset.
Skills and Competencies Requirements:
- Preference will be provided to candidates already based in our states of operation as indicated in the application form. Otherwise, applicants must be willing to relocate to those states.
- Good professional networks and contacts in North West or East Nigeria and ability to leverage these networks for recruitment.
- Familiarity with job boards and computer systems designed specifically for HR
- Proven success in conducting interviews using various methods (phone, video, email, in-person)
- Ability to travel when required
- Experience in developing recruitment strategy
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, internet browsers, smartphones and ICT in general. The candidate should be willing to use Google Doc, Google Sheet and Google Slides.
- Advanced knowledge of productivity software, database management, and internet search methods
- Motivation to work in a young organization that is constantly changing based on stakeholder feedback and operates with a lean structure.
- Desire to grow professionally with networking and ongoing training opportunities
- Detail-oriented and diligent professional.
- Effective time management, ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and prioritize tasks.
- Sound cultural awareness and ability to work in a multicultural and multiethnic environment.
- Ability to deliver high quality work in short periods of time and to work under pressure.
- Critical thinker and possess a problem-solving attitude.
- Very good communication and writing skills in English, Hausa and dialects (verbal and written).
- Excellent responsiveness to email and phone requests.
- Proficiency in English Language (conversation, reading and writing) is required
- Knowledge of Hausa Language (conversation and reading) is an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Disclaimer: Beware of fraudulent job offers. New Incentives – All Babies Are Equal Initiative does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 28th August, 2023.