At West Africa Soy Industries Limited we are the largest Soy oil complex in West Africa! Through our out-grower program, we work directly with farmers in various communities to ensure we get the highest quality inputs. As the inputs go from pre-cleaning to de-oiling, preparatory and further down to the packaging, bagging, and eventual shipment of all by-products, we are meticulous in ensuring that all international standards and quality checks are strictly adhered to
Our presence in the entire value chain of the soy industry – from top to bottom – is unrivaled. To start with, our seed collection centers are strategically located in high soy-producing areas such as Kaduna, Funtua, Zaria, Kano, Kebbi, Gombe, Ilorin, Bida, Ibadan, Sagamu, and Markudi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- To support the HSE Lead in coordinating HSE activities in West Africa Soy Industries Limited to attain the company’s commitment to the health, safety of personnel, contract workers and the general public as well as fulfil its environmental stewardship to the present and future generation.
- Perform safety inspections of facilities, machinery and equipment to identify and correct potential hazards.
- Assist to supervise the Implementation of safe work procedures and TGI group HSE Standards such as confined space permits to work procedures.
- Assist site HSE lead in enforcing TGI group HSE standards across team within his assigned business unit.
- Conduct risk assessment.
- Assist to monitor, enforce and evaluate the compliance level of contractors and subcontractors to specified HSE Plan
- Implement logistics safety procedure.
- Assist to conduct site HSE induction.
- “Ensure data are used or processed for the purpose set for such data and ensure absolute confidentiality while processing or using personal data. Get the consent of the data subject before collecting, processing, and using data”
- Assist site HSE Lead in the conduct of drills such as fire drills to ensure equipment is properly functioning and staffs are aware of what to do in an emergency.
- Conduct safety toolbox meetings conduct inductions and facilitate HSE awareness trainings.
- Assist in Investigation of industrial accidents, near misses, injuries or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures and establish trends.
- Assist to co-ordinate responses to emergencies involving health, safety and environment.
- Assist to carry out scaffold inspection and supervision.
- Adhere to the requirements of FSSC, Feed Safety, GMP and QMS as it relates to my job function.
- Relevant Degree from a reputable higher institution.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role in a reputable manufacturing organization
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- The ideal candidate must be willing to relocate to Sagamu or its environs.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Carry out any other duties as maybe assigned.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 13th July, 2023.