International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Unit Manager
Location: Ilesa Brewery, Osun
Employment Type: Full time
- The key purpose of the job is to manage Packaging shift operations as the Line Business Manager.
- Accountable for all aspects of line performance – i.e. safety, quality, environmental compliance, finance, production plan, efficiency, losses and waste.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for safety of all line employees.
- Manage PPE compliance and has the authority to take action against non compliance.
- Responsible for Machine safe practices, PTW , LOTO and SAM.
- Responsible for quality packaged product delivered to the warehouse.
- Ensure all quality processes are complied to by the shift operations Ensure problem solving for Out of Control processes.
- Responsible for the Line Dream, KPI and strategy and plan to achieve it
- Responsible for the deployment and sustainability of the applicable VPO Pillars / Blocks in the line.
- Maintenance and Reliability: Knowledge of the Maintenance Backlog, validation of priorities with Packaging .
- Reliability and Maintenance owner; review quality of Work Orders execution
- Accountable for the deployment and effectiveness of Autonomous Teams structures across all shifts.
- Responsible for Line core team training and development, training gap analysis, training strategy Accountable for People Engagement in the line and driving “meaningful jobs” (i.e., removing mundane, low-skill tasks from operators & technicians).
- Responsible for MCRS execution on his/her line and for Team Leaders (across all shifts) to follow their Management Check Lists and Agendas of the Routine Accountable for sustainable Problem Solving: problem identification and diagnosis, use of and quality of 5W, Abnormality Reports, PDCAs, and other VPO problem solving tools by the Line Teams.
- Continuous improvement and GOPs execution.
- Accountable for proper design and utilization of VPO supporting infrastructure (e.g., Line Team room, communication and line performance visualization, operators workstations, etc.) to drive results.
- Responsible for defining/validating line production strategy, changeovers strategy and execution, corrective and preventive maintenance, startup/shutdown and modulation.
- Accountable for the deployment and effectiveness of Autonomous Teams structures across all shifts
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Instrumental).
- Belt training.
- Problem Solving.
- Packaging Technical / Management / Global Management Trainee.
- 3 – 5 years factory production experience and a management level
- Proven people management.
- A superior performance track record indicating a disciplined work ethic with passion for problem solving and continuous improvement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified