Nigeria Machine Tools (NMT) was founded in 1980 to manufacture and distribute high integrity machine tools and other engineering products and spares designed to serve the project, operation and maintenance needs of a range of industries. As Nigeria’s first internationally certified producer of Oil industry standard Stud Bolts, Nuts and Flanges, NMT also produces customized castings for various industries including: construction, cement, oil and gas, manufacturing as well as for the transport industry. Included in our offerings is machining services which is ISO 9001 certified. Our surface treatment facility which comprises PTFE and powder coating as well as Hot Dip Galvanizing plants ensure products are finished to customer specifications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Officer
Location: Osogbo, Osun
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an experienced and responsible Environmental Health and Safety Engineer to join our team.
- As an Environmental Health and Safety Engineer at our company, you will be responsible for ensuring the organization complies with all environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Assist, support, and monitor the implementation of the HSE strategy.
- Ensure that the workplace is monitored and fully complies with all applicable OSHA standards, rules, and regulations to maintain safety in manufacturing facilities.
- Use labels, signs, posters, floor marking, and color coding to warn employees about potential hazards.
- Ensure that Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are maintained, and communicated to employees.
- Ensure the results of safety inspections are documented; monitor the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensure that corrective actions are taken; and provide recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents.
- To highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance.
- Ensure that all accident reports are recorded in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- To bring company-related health and safety matters to the attention of the management at regular intervals.
- Ensure that an adequate health and safety training program is established and that the safety culture is encouraged amongst employees.
- Recommend control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports of all the company’s operations.
- Carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and record the findings on the relevant forms.
- B.Sc / HND Degree in a Health, Safety, or Environmental field of study
- 2+ years experience in health and safety.
- HSE Qualification such as HSE1, HSE2 & HSE3 General Certificate or equivalent
- OHSAS 18002/ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Lead Auditors Certification
- In-depth knowledge of legislation (e.g., OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Good public speaking skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
1st August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: You will be required to attach your CV.