Elevation Professionals is a management consultancy firm registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission several years ago to provide a wide range of consultancy services in Human Resources Management and Business to companies and enterprises in various sectors of the economy. We are a team of professionals with requisite qualifications and experience to deliver excellent professional services to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a creative, organized and passionate Brand Manager to help growing our brands in line with Organization expectations.
- This individual would report to the Category Marketing Manager, although sometimes he may get directives from the Chief Marketing Officer, with the Category Marketing Manager in all correspondence.
Purpose of Role
- Responsible for the initiation, planning, implementation, control and co-ordination of the Equity driving and Market Share-gaining programs designed to sustain the assigned Brand as a veritable asset delivering outstanding value to all consumers and stake holders, aligned to Portfolio Strategy.
- Conceptualize and co-ordinate the implementation of brand communication sponsorship and events, plans and strategies that will enhance the Equity Scores, Sales Performance and Profitability of the brand in line with Company’s overall profit and portfolio objectives
- Contribute to Brand Strategy definition.
- Initiate annual Brand marketing review and plans for the Brand with detailed information on Brand marketing objectives in accordance with overall Brand strategy.
- Define Brand Communication Strategy in accordance to Plan and Brand Positioning, selecting the most efficient media mix in alignment with the Category Marketing Manager.
- To prepare Agency briefs and subsequent evaluation and assessment of subsequent Agency creative proposals.
- Creation and exploitation of brand sponsorship platform where applicable, to enhance selected brand health indicators.
- Identification of and association with relevant external events/initiatives that will add value to brand equity.
- Monitoring related platforms especially those in use by competition.
- Lead development of advertising materials/creative proposals in each stage before final approval by the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Propose and test any changes in advertising strategy.
- Work collaboratively with Trade Marketing Team to ensure effective Sales Driver deployment of the Brand in all categories of outlets, driving ultimately Equity.
- Monitor competitive strategies, advertising and positioning platforms with a view to constantly ensuring continued alignment to Brand positioning.
- Report periodically, giving information on all activities undertaken by the Brand and competitive brands.
- Keep the Brand’s profitability under constant review and to draw early attention to any deviations from estimated profits as a result of sales variations or changes in costs.
- Prepare an annual advertising budget for the Brands for the approval of the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Monitor advertising budget ensuring adherence in line with approved plans.
- Carry out regular budget-control monitoring exercises to avert over-expenditure.
- Support the development of the yearly Media Brief for the Agency giving guidance regarding advertising budget appropriation by media.
- Support the monitoring of all outdoor hoardings and posters for the Brand and ensure these are in good condition and strategically located.
- Monitor and analyze official and unofficial trade margins of competing brands, make appropriate proposals and execute accordingly.
- Ensure that all marketing considerations are considered in making volume projections for the Brand.
- Propose and execute promotions plans and schemes, in alignment with Trade Marketing Team, after approval by the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all promotional activities, propose relevant modifications and prepare post-promotion reports with appropriate proposals and recommendations.
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- Degree-Educated in Marketing or related courses; an MBA will be an advantage.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Strong business acumen with appreciation for commerciality.
- Solid analytical and influencing skills.
- Thorough and creative problem-solving abilities, strong verbal and written presentation skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple initiatives with strong execution. Orientation and proper project management abilities.
- Previous brand marketing experience in an FMCG.
- At least 3 years experience within Brand Marketing (FMCG preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- In-depth understanding of the brands s/he handled.
- A willingness to listen and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Budget-management skills and proficiency.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Ready to travel extensively for Brand Related activities.
- Sound understanding and experience in creative/production processes, design and implementation, research and NPD.
- A good understanding of advertising agencies and the ability to plan, measure and execute marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Strong understanding of product marketing and good experience in managing the marketing of a product and liaising within teams and external agencies ATL/BTL.
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word or PDF only) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.