MultiChoice Group is a leading entertainment company and we’re home to some of the most recognised brands on the continent. Our entertainment platforms – DStv, GOtv, Showmax and DStv Now – are a hub for more than 19 million people across 50 co
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Channel Development Manager
Job type: Full-time
Purpose of the Position
- To win, develop, maintain, and expand relationships with Channel Partners across assigned region in Nigeria to continuously drive revenue growth (Acquisition and Retention).
- Manage the whole Channel Partner network in Nigeria
- Implement strategy and initiatives to grow the Channel Partners
- Achievement of Budgeted sales through Channel network
- Maintain and expand dealer channel/reseller network.
- Promote productivity of the field force
- Competition tracking and penetrate where competition exist
- Develop processes for working with the Dealers.
- Develop and maintains promotion programs for Dealers.
- Performs routine audits/satisfaction surveys of Dealerships across the country.
- Responsible for Dealer conflict resolution
- Identify potential /new Channel partners.
- Work with channel partners to build sustainable channel, both depth and breadth to support subscriber growth expectations.
- Implement a channel enablement framework throughout all territories.
- Develop channel partner incentives jointly with Management, Marketing, Finance, by monitoring dealer requirements and requests on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all channel partner incentives are aligned with organizational goals
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Manage potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Ensure partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drive adoption of company programs among assigned partners
- Manage the Direct Sales Scheme
- Develop a strong collaborative working relationship with the Channel partners.
- Respond quickly to requests, work collaboratively to solve business problems, and communicate regularly with internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish direct communication with channel partners, providing supports and advise.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Analyze the business and service performance, providing insight that will help Channel Partners and grow the business in accordance with set goals.
- Monitor competitive effects and trends in the channel.
- Ensure that each report is accurate, concise, and timely.
- Responsible for team strength & performance level (attraction, selection, retention & development of the Channel Development team)
- Ensure alignment with Team strength, performance and energy matched strategic requirements – under performers identified, improved or removed
- Ensure direct reports live Company ethics
- Departmental goals understood and actively pursued by team; work accountability clearly delegated
- Performance reviews are done regularly, everyone has clear picture of current performance, recognition given where it is due and low performers are acted upon
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA advantageous
- Must have 5 – 7 years in a commerce, business administration or sales and marketing leadership role
- Strong financial acumen and experience in channel partner management
- Deep sales & distribution knowledge
- Commercial experience in Nigeria
- Commercial Acumen
- Product/Brand Knowledge
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Governance and Compliance
- Financial Management
- Negotiations Skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Developing Value Proposition
- Team Work
- Interpersonal Support
- Analytical Thinking
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified