Radiographer at the Lagos State Ministry of Health
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) of the Global Fund grant with the overarching objective of accelerating TB case notification in the state. As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry is legally responsible for the overall management of the grant, ensuring attainment of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill this mandate, the Ministry established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out these functions. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB, SASCP, and RSSH) within the ministry, Sub-Recipients (SRs), and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is efficiently managed and implemented in compliance with the grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiographer
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: STBLCP/GMU
Duration of Contract: 5 months (August 2023 to December 2023) with the possibility of extension.
Expected to Resume: August 2023.
- The Radiographer will work on the NGA-T-LSMOH grant for the operationalization of the mobile Chest X-Ray vans and facility-based machines deployed for the State TB Program (STBLCP) to improve TB case notification in the State.
- The Radiographer shall perform radiological duties in compliance with international standards in a mobile x-ray unit. Help patients feel comfortable during the entire process. Perform select administrative, and clerical duties that assist in the delivery of quality radiography to screen clients for TB in a mobile environment as part of the Active TB Case Finding (ACF) team for the LSMOH TB Grant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide the service to all clients, including those who may be unwell or even uncooperative, in a firm and non-threatening manner.
- Obtain high-quality digital CXR images of the clients including the use of Computer-aided Detection for Tuberculosis (CAD4TB) and Picture Archiving Computer System (PACS) and ensure that best practices are always observed in the designated facility and/or X-Ray van.
- Ensure that all the CAD4TB images are reviewed by the appointed Radiologist, all patients with abnormal CXR are appropriately reviewed by the Radiologist and linked to care.
- Liaise with the Facility Management and LSMOH Field Team to ensure smooth workflow and maximum system efficiency throughout the Chest X-Ray screening activities.
- Ensure that there is no mishandling of equipment and accessories and that all start-up and shut down protocols are followed.
- Develop a sound knowledge of the equipment used to be aware of malfunctions and errors and to report accordingly.
- Ensure all adequate safety measures are taken to avoid any undue radiation exposure.
- Ensure proper handling and use of X-Ray equipment and related software.
- Ensure that data (such as patient IDs, demographics, CAD scores, etc.) are entered correctly into the system daily.
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly stats to the M&E team (for verification purposes), including:
- Number of daily Chest X-Rays (CXR) done
- Number of abnormal CXRs as per CAD4TB Score
- Number of clinical cases of TB as per Radiologist’s report
- Number of other lung pathologies as per Radiologist’s report
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Support other staff members of the team when required.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team that is target-driven and result orientated.
- Provide overall supervision and time management of all HR for the TB screening using chest x-rays and communicate effectively with clinical, managerial, administrative, and ancillary staff of the facility (if facility-based).
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiography (B. Rad)
- Must have completed mandatory one-year National Youth Service Corp program
- Current License of Practice by Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria
- Familiarity with the use of digital chest X-Ray equipment
- Good computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office Suites
- Flexibility across a range of field and office-related tasks
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in a team.
- Accuracy and efficiency are prime qualities demanded by this profile. Besides, the applicants are expected to hold good knowledge of radiographic terminologies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Filling online application by clicking on the link above.
- Upload your CV.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process. The successful candidate is expected to resume by August 2023.
Application Deadline 11th July, 2023 (5:00 pm).