Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Employment Type: Permanent
Department: Indeco – Industry Ecosystem & Platforms
- Build and implement Business Growth Strategies and Opportunities of Interswitch solutions and services for Federal Government MDAs in Nigeria.
- Drive product feature enhancements and service platform optimization to deliver long-term value-add for the Government value chain (Federal MDAs).
- Transform the Interswitch’s disbursement & collections business offerings into a robust digital financial distribution and collection Ecosystem with extensive coverage across in Federal Government.
- Grow existing market share, develop, and penetrate new market/segments through value offerings.
- Develop new business ideas, grow transaction volume, and develop market expansion strategies.
- Co-ordinate, manage and support the sales & account management structure through collaboration with different teams (i.e. technical support, advisory services and lead conversion) that increases Interswitch’s profitability.
- Identify, research, develop, implement, deploy, and manage new business initiatives across all market types to optimize channel usage and business value.
- Acquire strategic partnerships that enable access to market and big aggregators relevant to the business objectives and would contribute to business value both short term and long term.
- Build a relevant knowledge base that demonstrates apt understanding of the disbursement & collections landscape needs and ensures full understanding of the business risks, the right model and processes that mitigate such risks in the Federal government sector.
Business Development – Core Areas:
- Develop and implement strategies that Supports and improves:
- Sales Penetration
- Market Development activities
- Product Development, and
- Business Diversification.
- Business Case Development and Pricing Model Design.
- Business Process Documentation
- Develop Business Road Maps for Disbursement & Collection services that align with Federal government sectors.
- Business Analysis engagement activities that guide Interswitch’s sales team for quality leads generation.
- Establish and maintain seamless and excellent process operations relationship with matrix teams.
- Prepare detailed business specification documents of new products developed for further engagements with the product and implementation teams.
- Work with the assigned Product/Marketing/Engineering teams to prepare quality Pre-sales kits for delivery of Interswitch Disbursement & Collection products.
- Screen potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal prioritization matrix per time and ability to recommend equity investments.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protect Interswitch’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Develop excellent rapport with strategic/key clients.
- Keep abreast with improvement in product development especially those that have revenue impact budget setting for the sales team and provide support that will continually improve the business relationship.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Attend exhibitions to generate sales leads/opportunities that can be converted to sales post-event.
- Perform market research and analysis to monitor the local environment for the emergence of new market segments in the Federal government space.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in digital financial services markets, products features, best practices, and operational excellence.
- Stay ahead of the Competition as it relates to pricing, local market experience, local market alliances & credibility etc.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on market expansion activities and business initiatives:
- Customer engagement feedback.
- Sales reports (lead generation, actual vs. targets etc.)
- Customer profitability and product revenue reports.
Key Account Management:
- Provide customer-focused sales and account management activities for designated customers and products.
- Disbursement & Collections Product innovation through deliberate partnerships and collaboration with existing Federal government MDAs that support positive customer engagement index scores.
- Maintain an awareness of sales and other development amongst competitors and pass on relevant information to the sales team and other teams as the case may require.
- Maintain access to sales tool (CRM) to keep track of leads generated and other relevant information to enable performance to be measured and monitored proactively.
- Provide first level business knowledge of assigned product/services to Federal government clients via the sales team.
- Good First Degree (preferred Business-related discipline).
- Professional qualification not mandatory but required.
- 6 – 10 years’ experience in Public Sector.
- Information Gathering & Data Analysis
- Information Management (confidentiality)
- Strategy & Business Case/plan Documentation
- Selling, presentation and negotiation skills
- Project management
- Products/ Services Knowledge and Application
- Technical knowledge of the specific and general company offerings
- Customer Service Oriented
- Financial modelling
- Time Management, Tact and Diplomacy
- Critical thinking
- Active listening
- Time management
- Personal Credibility
- Highly attentive to detail and Ability to multi -task
- Ability to work well under pressure, Tactful and Ingenious
- Friendly, confident, and approachable
- Tactful and Ingenious
- Customer (internal & external) focus
- Excellent Communication: Oral & Written
- Analytical Thinking/Solving Problems
- Active Listening and Result-oriented
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th July, 2023.