Accountant – Tax, Finance at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant – Tax, Finance
Job Identification: 2858
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager – Direct Tax
- To coordinate and report on all tax related activities in MTN Nigeria.
- Assist in dealing with tax issues relating to related party transactions, international or cross-border transactions, and transfer pricing documentation and compliance.
- Review the tax impact of IFRS adjustments as they relate to the financials.
- Assist in informing or educating other divisions on tax-related issues through strategy documents, PPP, and capacity-building workshops.
- Proactively provide support in advising the business on recent tax laws and their impact on business operations.
- Maintain systems and strategies to ensure updated PPPs for CIT, PAYE, CGT, and VAT. This will include normal CIT, VAT on normal operations, VAT on imported services, VAT on assets disposed, PAYE compliance, WHT on receivables and reimbursable expenses, as well as CGT on disposals.
- Reconcile tax-related general ledger accounts and assist the Manager Direct Tax with special projects as required.
- Keep record of all tax transactions and related balance sheet activity for tax and audit purposes.
- Ensure adherence to business intentions and guidelines. E.g. the five year accounting presentation format.
- Assist in reviewing contracts and agreements for tax impacts.
- Provide support in dealing with external tax queries from MTN Group.
- Compute monthly and annual corporate tax and ensure proper provisioning
- Ensure balance sheet approach of deferred tax is reconciled with income statement approach
- Carryout Income Tax Variance Analysis Reports and Trends
- Coordinate tax aspect of Half year review, Hard close audit and full year statutory audit
- Assist in preparation of Board Papers Submission on tax related matters
- Provide Tax schedules and Group Tax Reports
- Tax Review of Company Budget, Business Plan and Quarterly Forecast
- File income and transfer pricing returns
- Supervise dealing with external tax queries from FIRS, SBIRs and Vendors
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in any related discipline
- Possession of a professional accounting/Tax qualification e.g., ACCA, ACA, ACIT
- Fluent in English
- 3 – 7 years’ experience including:
- Experience in tax compliance and administration
- Experience in tax audits
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization
How to Apply
Interested and qualifications candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Eligible Females and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 13th June, 2023; 22:59