Research Intern – PEARL Unit at Fact Foundation (FACT)
Fact Foundation (FACT) is a Nigeria-based organisation that aims to support populations affected by ongoing and emerging global challenges through research, data, and technology solutions. RADAR is a FACT programme that promotes the use of “bottom-up” technology-based solutions in the delivery of public and humanitarian services.
The programme works in partnership with Government, I/NGOs, and Donor actors to design and deploy technology-based systems to respond to needs and support communities affected by emerging and ongoing global challenges. Using our expertise in data science, geographic information systems, and software development, we work with our partners to ensure that technology solutions are “fit to purpose” and “fit to use” which then ensures efficient and accurate decision-making, identification of beneficiaries, assignment of goods and services, as well as tracking and monitoring of impact.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Intern – PEARL Unit
Locations: Abuja & Borno
About the role
- Under the management of the Senior Research Officer, The graduate research intern will support all stages of FACT research, including their preparation, implementation and follow-up.
Research Planning and Implementation:
- Supporting the Research Officer to design and implement research strategy and methodology, including desk reviews and contribution to questionnaire and tool design.
- Working with field staff to design and implement research procedures, including coordinating and ensuring timely data collection and analysis, including assistance in quality assurance.
- Ensuring the writing of timely and accurate assessment reports, factsheets and other outputs (including designing and creating data visualisations using specific software when needed).
Data Management, Cleaning, Analysis and Reporting:
- Support the identification and training of enumerators for primary data collection and help to oversee data collection, in line with agreed TORs;
- Drafting of situation updates on data collection progress for submission to Senior Management, and, where relevant, external partners and stakeholders.
- Maintain regular communication with the Research Officer on progress and deadlines for written products.
- Finally, conduct secondary desk research in specific areas in the Nigeria context deemed critical for programme development and fundraising.
- Ensure that data is revised and cleaned and that all revisions are recorded;
- Support analysis on collected data as per ToRs;
- Contribute to the writing of timely and accurate assessment reports and factsheets, which comply with FACT’s guidelines;
- Excellent Academic qualifications in a relevant discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Political Science, Social Research, Economics, Development Studies, or similar)
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to operate Microsoft tools and Project Management Software
- Basic skills in Excel, SPSS, R or related statistical programming.
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st September, 2023.