Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian e-commerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 35 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express, Konga Health, Konga Food, etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Merchant Engagement Officer
Department/Unit: Commercial Operations / Konga Online
Reports to (title): VP Commercial Operations
Direct reports: NA
Hours of Work: 8am – 5pm
A brief overview of the role:
- The Merchant Engagement Officer is responsible for expanding the customer base and merchant network by identifying, developing and implementing effective business development and sales strategies to generate leads
- Actively engage merchants on a weekly basis via phone/store visit
- Proactively provide merchants with trading tips to be successful on the platform
- Request deal (competitively priced) products from merchants on a weekly basis
- Aggregate weekly products for marketing consumption
- Relay feedback from merchants to help improve the selling experience
- On-board strategic merchants
- Identify & fill up assortment gaps in all categories
- Come up with initiatives to drive the overall success of marketplace sales
- Work with marketing to ensure the representation on all marketing assets
- Assist merchants with managing online sales and also get feedback on any issues raised
- Follow through with merchant escalation.
- Developing strategic relationships at each marketplace to learn about best practices, pilot programs, new opportunities, or policy changes and finding ways to improve sales for our clients
- Assisting in business development activities related to selling marketplace services to clients/prospects
- Growing merchants by creating and implementing community marketing efforts and managing and nurturing the merchant communication channel
- Increasing the volumes of merchants by: a) promotion across multiple channels including social media and blogs; one-on-one discussions at weekend markets, trade shows and other events b) Improving the volume of listing merchants c) helping Konga focus on certain categories
- Provide clear communication to Sellers of how best to maximize their opportunity
- Work with Marketing and Merchandising to incorporate Sellers promotions into Sears.com promotions.
- Work with seller support, Operations, & IT to communicate any Seller technical issues and ensure immediate resolution.
- Set up, track, and improve content quality metrics to ensure consistency, accuracy, and optimal experience across platforms.
- Set up, track and improve production velocity and costs across the various content improvement stages.
- Supervise the production team to ensure unit objectives are achieved.
- HND / BSc in any field with 3 years experience in the same or related role
- Efficient in the use of MS Office Suite
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding environment
- Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong problem-solving and resource management skills
- String Product and Analytical skills
- Demonstrated success preferably in E-commerce;
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem-solving and change management skills;
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative;
- Excellent communicator with ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent product knowledge
Knowledge / Experience:
- Good product knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Effective planning & leadership skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Adequate knowledge of the supply chain and procurement function
- Data collection and ordering
- Knowledge of MS suite and other relevant computer applications
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated CV to: [email protected] with Job Title as the subject of the mail.