Polaris Bank was established by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on September 21, 2018 to offer commercial banking services to the Nigerian public. The bank commenced services on the same day, having purchased the assets and assumed certain liabilities of the defunct Skye Bank.With a footprint of over 350 branches across the country, Polaris Bank prides itself in delivering exceptional customer experience, leveraging best in class/state of the art Information Communication Technology (ICT). By focusing on ICT solutions across multiple service delivery channels (mobile banking, ATMs, POS and online platforms) Polaris Bank maintains a pivotal role in the Nigerian banking industry, providing customers with simple, convenient and secured banking services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Banking Control Officer
Job Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Digital Banking Control Officer with adequate knowledge of Card Operations and chargebacks, E-Channels Settlement and reconciliation, E-Business Control (Card, POS, ATM etc.), Agency Banking Operations, Card Fraud Tools Management, accounting knowledge, and general knowledge of E-Business and Digital Banking platforms
- Daily review of all credit cards issued
- Daily review of exception file upload on ITC and Rejected Payment file
- Review of SBP prepaid cards-overdrawn balances
- Review of chargebacks and system accepted claims (VISA, MasterCard and Verve) – Arbiter report (Verve and Mastercard) and JIRA report from Channels Dispute Resolution.
- Carryout daily review of all settlement reports (VISA, Mastercard, Interswitch, NIBSS, E-Tranzact, Remita, Appzone, Verve, etc.) against the GL or Transaction Split Settlement (TSS) account mapped to the product to ascertain the completeness, accuracy and validity of transactions therein.
- Carry out daily call-over of all entries posted into the GLs and Transaction Split Settlement (TSS) of E-Channels Operations and Agency Banking to ascertain the validity and accuracy of the entries posted.
- Carry out daily call over of chargeback settlement entries posted into the settlement GLs and TSS accounts to ascertain the validity and accuracy of the entries posted.
- Initiate appropriate system and administrative controls to be implemented on various Digital Banking platforms (Postilion, Mobile, Internet Banking, Agency Banking platform, ATM, POS, Open Banking API, other payment platforms (internal and external) etc.
- Daily review of Agency Banking TSS Settlement account(s) and Agents’ accounts.
- Review of corporate customers’ onboarding requests on the self-service platforms and ensure that documentation is complete before the corporate is on-boarded on any of the self-service platforms (Autopay, Corporatepay, Polarispay etc.).
- Monitor cards procurement and utilization rate on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis for reporting purposes. Monitor POS procurement, deployment and activation and report inactive POS terminals on a monthly basis for management attention. Monitor ATM procurement, deployment and activation and report inactive ATM terminals on a monthly basis for management attention.
- Carryout daily review of Agency Banking settlement reports received from Appzone and card settlement reports from Interswitch to ascertain the completeness, accuracy and validity of transactions therein.
- Initiate and obtain approval to develop a rule to be deployed on fraud prevention platforms (Interswitch – Scorebridge, Mastercard – National Fraud Service (NFS), VISA – Visa Risk Manager (VRM) and iMatch.
- Monitoring of fraud alerts generated from the fraud prevention platforms and responding appropriately and closing out properly.
- Review the rules deployed, ascertain the rules that have become obsolete and obtain approval of Head, Digital Banking Control to deactivate the rules.
Preferred Skills and Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Economics, or other related fields of study.
- Experience in Internal Control, Agency Banking, Electronic Transaction Settlement (VISA, Mastercard, Chargebacks, etc.), Fraud Risk Management, Receivable and Payable GL Reconciliation and e-products knowledge etc.
- MBA, ACA, ACIB, CISA, CFE certification will be an added advantage.
- A good understanding of PCIDSS.
- Ability to perform control reviews, carry out complaint/fraud investigation, perform system reviews and Risk Identification and Control, report writing and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SQL, Excellent Communication skills and perfect command of the English language
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date