FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People Partner
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: People and Culture
About the Role
- The people partner is responsible for providing comprehensive HR support and assistance to the HR department and the organization.
- They play a crucial role in implementing HR policies, programs, and initiatives, and ensuring compliance with relevant employment laws and regulations.
- The HR officer collaborates with various stakeholders to facilitate effective HR processes and contributes to creating a positive and productive work environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Recruitment and Onboarding: Assist in the recruitment and selection process, including job posting, screening resumes, conducting interviews, and coordinating background checks. Coordinate the onboarding process for new employees, including orientation, paperwork, and providing necessary information and resources.
- HR Operations and Administration: Maintain and update employee records, including personal information, employment contracts, and benefits enrollment. Process payroll and ensure the accuracy of employee compensation, deductions, and benefits. Manage employee attendance, leaves, and timekeeping records. Administer employee benefits programs, such as health insurance, retirement plans, and employee assistance programs. Handle employee inquiries and provide guidance on HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Employee Relations and Engagement: Support employee relations initiatives by addressing employee concerns, grievances, and disciplinary matters in accordance with company policies and legal requirements. Contribute to developing and implementing employee engagement programs and initiatives to foster a positive work culture and enhance employee satisfaction. Assist in organizing employee events, recognition programs, and team-building activities.
- HR Policy and Compliance: Assist in the development, implementation, and communication of HR policies, procedures, and employee handbook. Stay updated on relevant employment laws and regulations and ensure HR practices are compliant. Assist in conducting internal audits and reviews to identify areas of improvement in HR processes and compliance.
- Performance Management: Assist in the performance management process, including goal setting, performance reviews, and performance improvement plans. Maintain performance records and support managers in addressing performance-related issues.
- Training and Development: Coordinate and support training and development programs for employees, including identifying training needs, sourcing external training providers, and organizing internal training sessions. Assist in implementing learning initiatives, such as e-learning platforms and development programs.
- HR Reporting and Analytics: Prepare HR reports and metrics, such as headcount, turnover, and employee demographics. Analyze HR data to identify trends and insights and provide recommendations for improving HR strategies and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. Additional HR certifications are a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years experience as an HR generalist.
- Knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems and proficiency in G Suite.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, building relationships and collaborating with employees at all levels.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in record-keeping and data management.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and integrity.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify issues and propose solutions.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- A screening call with the Senior Recruiter – 30 minutes
- Interview with the hiring manager (60 minutes).