Assistant Programme Officer – British Red Cross
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the world’s largest humanitarian network and is guided by seven Fundamental Principles: Humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, universality and unity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Programme Officer – British Red Cross
Vacancy No: S04366
Contract Type: National
Duration: 6 Months
Grade: National Staff
- This role will support the British Red Cross country team with tasks on the different projects with the Nigerian Red Cross, especially support to the development of the FSL project.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
He/ she will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide support in development of Food Security and Livelihoods component of the Disaster Management Programme
- Provide support to issues related to the Development of the Nigeria Red Cross Society, including:
- Coordination with the National Society and other relevant RC/RC movement partners on the follow-up of the findings of the due diligence process to ensure that identified organizational weaknesses will be addressed
- Support in preparing for meetings related to National Society Development (review of documents, drafting of position papers)
- Support in accompanying the National Society in the process of operationalizing the NRCS country strategy
- Ensure team travels and logistics are properly organized
- Mange working advances from IFRC and prepare monthly invoices
- Support the BRC Programme Coordinator in planning and reporting related to the Country programme (and possibly additional programmes in future), as well as administrative management
- Prepare regular reports and organize records
- Provide support in the development of programme proposals
Organize a filing system for important and confidential documents:
- Policies and procedures
- Support in the procurement of items and services according to IFRC/ BRC procedures
- Follow up on other office services and maintenance when needed (plumbing, painting, etc)
- General office administration
- Adhere to the RC/ RC movement values.
- Financial documents
- Programmatic and strategy related documents
- Contracts and agreements
- Maintain the office calendar:
- Keep an overview of relevant meetings and events
- Maintain an overview of staff on visits to Nigeria
- Undertake other duties as are reasonably required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Public Health or relevant field
- Experience providing administrative and logistics support
- Experience in analyzing information for writing reports, background papers, or newsletters.
- Experience within a multi-cultural environment
- Experience working in the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement or similar organization.
- Experience with Disaster Management programming
Knowledge, Skills and Languages:
- Strong communication skills
- Computer Literate (especially excel, word, power point)
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Initiative and flexibility
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Fluently spoken and written English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifed candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th September, 2023.