Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SE Specialist, DeepWater Engineer
Job Requisition ID: R126206
Job Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Health Safety Environment and Security
Worker Type: Regular
Business unit: Upstream
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
What’s the Role?
- Support HSE “Goal Zero” initiatives. Assist in developing the workforce of both Shell and contract staff to deliver consistent HSE advice and support to project design, construction and fabrication sites for world class project delivery.
- Support the provision of a world-class planning, execution and delivery of technical and managerial Safety, Security, Environmental and Social Performance (SSE-SP) advice to the project throughout the life cycle. Support ALARP demonstration during design; and champion an “Incident & Injury Free” program during project execution and Technical Safety Studies (TSE) for HSSE & SP activities plan at various gates in Projects.
- Support for team delivery, coach leadership team and role model Human Performance and the Learner Mindset.
- Implementation of HSSE Management Systems including audit programs and training.
- Providing SE technical support (SE case build, HAZID, HAZOP, SAFOP, FIREPRAN…) at various stages of the project while demonstrating ALARP for design and construction aspects with inputs from current and future SE Studies, SE Risk Assessments.
- Support buildup and delivery of HSSE & SP activity plans towards realization of continuous improvement in performance
- Seek to continuously improve HSE risk/hazard identification, assessment and reduction, in line with provisions of HSSE Control Framework and DCAF requirements.
- Drive implementation of HSSE & SP CF. Carry out specific HSE-Management System implementation tasks
- Supporting delivery of SSE Discipline Activity Plan DAP deliverables within the overall Project Controls and Assurance Plan PCAP
- Assist in delivering Technical Integrity Verification (TIV) for Safety Critical Elements (SCEs) to Deepwater team
- Support compliance of project activities and installations to local regulations, international standards, classification requirements, securing permits and consents from regulators (NAPIMS, DPR, NCD, FMEnv) where necessary
- Supporting construction readiness activities at fabrication sites onshore and installation vessels offshore.
- Support assurance for compliance with technical and integrity management standards from design, construction, installation, commissioning to handover and operations.
- May have to work with less experienced workers and suboptimal equipment due to local content requirement with its attendant HSSE exposures.
- Managing and delivering an offshore development project in Nigeria within the limited in-country capabilities with full compliance with Nigerian Content Directives
- Work with Deepwater team to promote culture of intervention that corrects unsafe acts or unsafe conditions before they lead to incidents.
- Support the rapid dissemination of SE learnings across the project.
- Monitor SE performance including main contractors/ subcontractors to achieve performance commitments
- Cascade Learning from Incidents, best practices, drive implementation of SE practices and performance according to Group, Regional and EP guidelines
- Embed human performance and learner mindset in project as part of safety refresh
- High exposure to HSSE risks: Project involves significant HSSE risks due to expected multiple/ simultaneous activities in Brownfield location mostly in live plant and dispersed construction sites.
- Installation also requires significant logistics particularly land and marine transport of men, materials and large complex assemblies.
- Wholesale application of Industry Codes and Standards may lead to some HSE exposure.
- Project have an exceptionally high profile given the significant impact and value to the group, so will receive a lot of attention on safety, cost and schedule
What We Need From You?
- Formal academic and professional qualifications in a technical, or HSSE related discipline
- 5 years’ relevant Upstream business experience (minimum) to 8 years, preferably including in major Projects
- Recognized experience having worked with multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with dealing with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with management of HSSE & SP risks.
- Possess good facilitation and negotiation skills
- Team player able to work comfortable in virtual environments
- Demonstrated stakeholder management and soft skills
- Passion for people development, Goal Zero, and Ethics & Compliance.
- Support significant SE delivery on two or more major projects, covering Concept Selection through start up.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Ability to network effectively with a wide range of people at all levels in the organization
- Proven ability to communicate and contribute in open forum with management
- Experience managing, mentoring and developing multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to motivate and manage a diverse team across a breadth of activities, and lead by example
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified