Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reservoir Engineer – Deepwater Offshore
Job Requisition ID: R120454
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Petroleum Engineering
What’s the role?
- This position offers the opportunity to work collaboratively with a very dynamic & performance-oriented team of Shell professionals to contribute to Hydrocarbon Maturation and Development as part of a matrix organization in the Deepwater Offshore Assets.
- You will be part of both the in-country and global Development & Subsurface community powering progress through delivering the world’s energy demand now and in the future.
- Note that the Development & Subsurface function aims to become a global leader in the Energy Transition by safely delivering industry-leading returns across the hydrocarbon lifecycle through End-to-End Value Creation, Competitive Delivery and Best in Class Subsurface Outcomes.
- The successful candidate will be part of a team that oversees Field Development & Execution across SNEPCO Portfolio of Projects & Assets contributing to meeting the Deepwater production targets.
The successful candidate will have the following specific accountabilities:
- Quality of reservoir engineering work related to field development definition, execution of drilling, completion, workover, plug & abandonment, decommissioning & restoration activities.
- Ensure quality delivery of hydrocarbon maturation, production forecasting and compliant resource volume estimation, classification, reporting and assurance.
- Implement well & reservoir management activities that will safeguard or optimize the asset production potential and long-term ultimate recovery.
- Ensuring timely and integrated delivery with all other disciplines and stakeholders in the activities of the team, including Wells team, Co-Venturers, Partners and Regulators.
- Application of appropriate (new) technologies, providing reservoir engineering input to activities such as well completion, intervention, and workover activities.
- Preparing and leading execution of proposals for wells & reservoir surveillance, data interpretation and follow-up production optimisation activities.
- Delivering Design Engineering Practices (DEP) compliant pore pressure prediction estimates for new wells and all well re-entry activities, including well abandonment.
What we need from you?
- University Degree in Engineering or related Science with ca. 7 – 10 years experience in Integrated Gas & Upstream industry is a must
- Strong technical competence in core reservoir engineering, fundamentals of Geoscience, risks and uncertainties management, field development & execution, wells & reservoir management.
- Skills in: Project Estimation, Deep Water Skills is an added advantage
- Fully familiar with reservoir engineering technical, computing and productivity tools.
- A natural integrator with experience coordinating activities and working in large, diverse multi-disciplinary teams as well as good stakeholder management skills for interface with Co-Venturers, Partners and Regulators.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified