Reservoir Engineer – Deepwater Offshore at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reservoir Engineer – Deepwater Offshore
Job Requisition ID: R120454
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Petroleum Engineering
What’s the role?
- This position offers the opportunity to work collaboratively with a very dynamic & performance-oriented team of Shell professionals to contribute to Hydrocarbon Maturation and Development as part of a matrix organization in the Deepwater Offshore Assets.
- You will be part of both the in-country and global Development & Subsurface community powering progress through delivering the world’s energy demand now and in the future.
- Note that the Development & Subsurface function aims to become a global leader in the Energy Transition by safely delivering industry-leading returns across the hydrocarbon lifecycle through End-to-End Value Creation, Competitive Delivery and Best in Class Subsurface Outcomes.
- The successful candidate will be part of a team that oversees Field Development & Execution across SNEPCO Portfolio of Projects & Assets contributing to meeting the Deepwater production targets.
The successful candidate will have the following specific accountabilities:
- Quality of reservoir engineering work related to field development definition, execution of drilling, completion, workover, plug & abandonment, decommissioning & restoration activities.
- Ensure quality delivery of hydrocarbon maturation, production forecasting and compliant resource volume estimation, classification, reporting and assurance.
- Implement well & reservoir management activities that will safeguard or optimize the asset production potential and long-term ultimate recovery.
- Ensuring timely and integrated delivery with all other disciplines and stakeholders in the activities of the team, including Wells team, Co-Venturers, Partners and Regulators.
- Application of appropriate (new) technologies, providing reservoir engineering input to activities such as well completion, intervention, and workover activities.
- Preparing and leading execution of proposals for wells & reservoir surveillance, data interpretation and follow-up production optimisation activities.
- Delivering Design Engineering Practices (DEP) compliant pore pressure prediction estimates for new wells and all well re-entry activities, including well abandonment.
What we need from you?
- University Degree in Engineering or related Science with ca. 7 – 10 years experience in Integrated Gas & Upstream industry is a must
- Strong technical competence in core reservoir engineering, fundamentals of Geoscience, risks and uncertainties management, field development & execution, wells & reservoir management.
- Skills in: Project Estimation, Deep Water Skills is an added advantage
- Fully familiar with reservoir engineering technical, computing and productivity tools.
- A natural integrator with experience coordinating activities and working in large, diverse multi-disciplinary teams as well as good stakeholder management skills for interface with Co-Venturers, Partners and Regulators.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified