Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Administrative Officer
Employment Type: This is a Temporary, Full Time vacancy
Scope of Work
- The Administrative Officer under the guidance of the State Project Manager will provide general Administrative and logistics support to the Program office and ensure efficient use, functioning and management of the office in line with MC policies.
- This will include to have an updated data bank of consultants, vendors and stakeholders.
- The officer will ensure an effective maintenance system of all office equipment, including generator, photocopiers, computers and its networks, printers and other office assets.
Key Working Relationships:
- The job holder will support the SMC state project office and will reports to the State Project Manager.
- S/He will work together with the state team and country office staff in planning, budget, scheduling and coordination of project activities.
- He will also liaise with relevant country office staff to ensure resources for scheduled activities are available on time and to required standard, this will include quantification of printed materials ensure logistics are put in place.
Office Administration (35%):
- Provide and oversee the day to day administration of the office with support from staff
- Provide support to the team by overseeing the management and maintenance of the office assets, utilities, office equipment, consumables and supplies;
- Responsible for recording and updating of office assets in the asset register;
- Provide monthly reports on state activities as it relates to the admin, procurement and logistics to the office manager at the country office;
- Oversee the setting up of a filing system for the office, ensuring ease of storage and retrieval of documents.
- Responsible for the effective maintenance of all IT equipment and computer in the office
Procurement & Logistics (35%):
- Oversee all logistic arrangements including maintaining an updated record of events, travel itineraries of staff and short-term consultants (as applicable) to ensure proper delivery and satisfaction of service to the project;
- Responsible for procurements of assets to the state offices in line with MC procurement policies as well as vendor management and other service providers contracting (including security and IT);
- Will ensure updated records and valid documentation all of vendors. And other service providers and consultants are registered on NAV;
- Responsible for negotiations with hotels, travel and transport services and oversee general logistics for field/state activities;
- Liaises with Country Office on administrative and logistics difficulties and other office maintenance issues;
- Provide support to the office driver, by providing supervision, coaching and mentoring in developing vehicle movement plan, implementation and review;
- The officer will check the vehicle log sheet and driver’s time sheet and sign off on them monthly;
Programme Activities (30%):
- Support the coordination of internal and external stakeholder or technical meetings, workshops, seminars, including all travel and accommodations arrangements;
- Support the compilation of participants list (i.e. CHWs, health facility staff, team supervisors, ward supervisors, state, and LGA supervisors), during MDA and other project events
- Responsible for contracting short term consultants in state office in close communication with the HR manager at the country office and in line with the procurement policy;
- Coordinate the administration and logistics of the programme office on all field related activities in the state;
- In line with the programme budget and working closely with the finance officer, ensure value for money of all procurements for programme activities carried out in the state;
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Social Sciences, Project Management or similar
- A minimum of 3-years’ experience in a related role
- Previous experience within the INGO sector and in a related role
- Person resident in and working experience in the State of Assignment
- An in-depth experience in similar positions/assignment
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner but within an integrated team
Work-based skills and competencies:
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong Microsoft office suite skill
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Budget development, work-plan Implementation and Expense reporting
- Demonstrable passion for Malaria Consortium’s mission; a strategic manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of use of database tools will be an added advantage
- Skill in MS Access will be an added advantage
- Proven team-building and representational skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Proven writing skills in English
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally sensitive setting
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word and Excel
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2023.