The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CMR and Logistics Officer
Pay Band: BRC-4-F
Contract Type: Indefinite Contract
- The purpose of this role is to support the safe handling in accordance with compliance standards, of confidential materials during the multiple exchanges in country/location.
- This includes movement and activities related to the primary storage area known as the Confidential Materials Room (CMR).
- Supports the functions of confidential materials handling and the Confidential Materials Room (CMR) to ensure British Council standards are met in set up and day to day operations.
- Manages courier SLA/performance standards and builds relationship with courier service provider in country, so that quality of services and cost elements are in accordance with standards.
- Plans and prioritises own work activities, which span across a range of different work streams, responding to changing and at times competing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a weekly/monthly time horizon.
- Receives and responds to enquiries from/to customers and may be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility. Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly
- Carries out instructions and requests from Cluster operations and Operations Manager efficiently and effectively.
- Ensures adherence to CMR standards and management as set forth and carries out frequent random checks to proactively prevent issues from arising.
- University Degree in any subject or relevant qualification
- Experience of supporting delivery of computer-based exams
- Experience in managing logistics and/or procurement
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working in an operations environment managing confidential materials
- Working in a challenging environment operating against very tight deadlines
- Experience working in a compliant and regulated environment
- Has the ability to build relationships with external stakeholders (i.e. exam boards)
- Experience of working in a high volume, busy operational environment, delivering to standard
- Experience managing teams
N7,363,086.00 Annually plus benefits
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
Application Deadline 6th June, 2023 (23:59 South Africa Time)