Programme Assistant at Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Programme Assistant
Employment Type: Temporary, Full Time
Scope of Work
- The Programme Assistant (PA) while reporting to the PD and based at the country office, will liaise with MC functional units and PF/state teams in delivering project goals.
- The position holder would provide programme management, operational and administrative support towards the successful preparation/delivery of Terms of References (ToRs), delivery of macro-planning, micro-planning, training and coordination, drug administration and supportive supervision, M&E and reporting of activities.
- These may involve field travels and direct/hands-on support as may be required in selected states and LGAs.
Key Working Relationships:
- The PA would be line managed by the PD and has no direct reports. However, s/he would work very closely with the PF teams at the country, state and LGA levels; MC functional units and technical assistants (TAs) as required.
Programme Management Support (50%):
- Have all versions of project programme management templates and tools and ensure they are issued to new project staff at induction.
- Track versions of project technical and project management documents including ToR, reports etc.
- Develop database for all project document, filling, archiving and ease of retrieval.
- Ensure all technical documents of the project comply with the MC TA QA process.
- Work with the ER and Ex Comms teams to support project team to draft success stories and human angle reports from all project locations.
- Work with the M&E team and document / archive final version of results and achievements of the project
Administrative Support (30%):
- Keep and track internal correspondence of PD with WCAPD.
- Schedule, take minutes and store reports of the project review meetings and follow – up with project team to ensure documents to inform the reviews are available before the meeting.
- Schedule and take minutes of all operational / coordination meetings of the project (SMT, CMT, MMM etc.) at all levels.
- Support the scheduling and participation of project staff in NMEP, SMEP etc coordination meeting and documentation of the presentations by MC and report / minutes of the meeting.
- Maintain office calendars and send out appointment reminders.
- Organizes regular team meetings and conference calls/video-conferences.
- Takes minutes of regular team meetings.
- Support the PD to develop schedule of internal project timelines, travel schedules, leave schedules etc.
- Keep records of all project stakeholders and keep inflow and out flow correspondence for the project.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with instructions from PD.
Logistics Support (20%):
- Take the lead in organising consultant and TA service providers (technical) logistics.
- Provide support and liaise with other functions in the MC office to ensure consultants and technical service providers are paid promptly.
- Liaises with project team to coordinate logistical arrangements for workshops organised by project Abuja team and those organised by state teams taking place in Abuja.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Social Sciences or other related subjects.
- Strong Microsoft office skills; and
- Excellent communication skills.
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduation experience.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a related role.
Work-based Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of the Nigeria health system;
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills in English and the dominant local language in assigned state.
- Understanding of communication for behaviour change and social mobilisation;
- Team player and demonstrated ability to work within a team as well as individually;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th August, 2023 at 23:59 BST.