Accounts Receivable Clerk (Entry Level Opportunity) at Canonical
Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk (Entry Level Opportunity)
- We have an exciting entry level opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our growing team. If you are passionate about the technology industry and want to work for a company that aligns with your interests, we might be the place for you! Canonical, and our world class Ubuntu product, attracts some of the leading talent from around the world. Come and work with exceptional people and kick start your career in Finance!
- Our Finance team is growing and it’s a really exciting time to join the team. We are looking for bright, motivated people who have a passion for making a difference. You will be seeking an opportunity to drive process improvements and change, input your ideas and truly contribute to the team.
- Your role will include ensuring accuracy of the A/R ledgers, process customer invoices in a timely and accurate manner, register customer payments, deal with queries effectively and efficiently and maintain compliance with processes and procedures. You will learn the fundamentals of how finance works in an organisation.
- In return we will provide you with ample opportunity for career development including offering you with support for continuing education and the pursuit of professional Accounting certifications. You will report directly to our Global Controller who will help you develop into the role and guide you through your learnings.
A day in the life of an Accounts Receivable Clerk:
- Maintain accuracy of our A/R ledgers and reconciliation of accounts
- Manage our customer data (names, addresses, etc.), validate and get approval for new accounts, and maintain our audit record of customer data changes and approvals
- Process our customer invoices in a timely and accurate manner, including entry of invoices into accounting systems and maintain our files in a tidy and organised manner
- Ensure payments are received in line with contractual terms
- Help with our month end processes: bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations
- Resolve questions/issues, escalating when appropriate in a timely manner
- Maintain compliance with processes and procedures, recommend corrective action when identified and maintain suitable records to demonstrate compliance
- Efficiently resolve any problems prior to raising and issue of invoice
- Implement and comply with the Canonical credit control policy
- Maximise cash collection through the effective collection of debts and maintain records to track debt collection through to conclusion
What you will bring to the role
- Exceptional education achievements in an Accounting or Finance subject
- Great communication skills that you will use when connecting directly with our vendors
- A passion for the world of Finance with ambition to progress your career
- Some experience using a major accounting system advantageous.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills, including pivots, look ups, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail, with great organisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines
What we offer you
- Your base pay will depend on various factors including your geographical location, level of experience, knowledge and skills.
- In addition to the benefits below, certain roles are also eligible for additional benefits and rewards including annual bonuses and sales incentives based on revenue or utilisation. Our compensation philosophy is to ensure equity right across our global workforce.
- In addition to a competitive base pay, we provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals. Please note that additional benefits may apply depending on the work location and, for more information on these, you can ask in the later stages of the recruitment process.
- Fully remote working environment – we’ve been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of 2,000USD per annum
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues at ‘sprints’
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified