Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Entry Level
Proposed Start Date: June 2023
Reporting to: Supply Chain Senior Officer
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Procurement Assistant who will be responsible for assisting the day-to-day implementation of the procurement function under the Logistics department to support effective programme delivery.
- Obtain quotations on behalf of the Procurement/Supply Officer.
- Conduct small purchases and prepare related procurement documents.
- Ensure correct filing and archiving of Procurement Dossiers.
- Receive deliveries from suppliers, and other bases.
- Prepare Delivery Notes for transported goods and equipment.
- Prepare Reception notes for deliveries as and when required.
- Update PFU with delivery dates and waybill numbers.
- Liaise with the field regarding deliveries.
- Scanning, printing, and photocopying of procurement and delivery documents.
- Paper-based archiving of Procurement Dossiers for Abuja and field bases.
- Electronic archiving of Procurement Dossiers for Abuja and field bases.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent at an accredited institution;
- Good capacity to work in a team;
- Good Computer Skills, MS Word, MS Excel.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in office administrative work;
- Some experience in Logistics and stock control;
Starting Basic Salary
- NGN 216,006 per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th May 2023.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process