Facility Analyst at The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Headquartered in New York City, the status of UNDP is that of an executive board within the United Nations General Assembly. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The organization operates in 177 countries, where it works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Analyst
Job Identification: 12089
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Schedule: Full time
Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
Practice Area: Effectiveness
Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
- Under the guidance and supervision of the UN House Manager, the Facility Analyst is responsible for superintending the efficient Facilities Management Operations and Maintenance Services being provided by outsourced Technical Facilities Manager and contributes to the advancement of a common business operations efficiency agenda. S/he will also play a vital role in modifications of existing layout and future developmental projects of the premises and liaise with relevant Agencies of the Government of Nigeria to facilitate such.
- The Facility Analyst will work in close collaboration with the Common Services Administrative Associate in supporting the UN House Manager in providing a strategic direction and achieving the strategic objectives of the Common Services unit. In this position s/he shall ensure execution, transparent and efficient provision of technical services, maintain and improve the service provision structure, undertakes continuous capacity building of staff and promotes a client-focused and results-oriented approach in areas under his/her responsibility.
Key Duties And Accountabilities
Summary of Key functions:
- Supervision of Facilities Management and Building Maintenance services;
- Coordinate development and supervision of implementation of new or upgrade projects and modifications;
- Track modifications/changes on building fabrics and spaces;
- Initiate Green Building efficiency agenda;
- Support Common Premises budget and operations;
- Contribution to the advancement UN reform agenda.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and cost reduction initiatives that would bring savings and improve common premises management and services and develop options for revision and implementation of practices and procedures;
- Responsible for the day to day operation and maintenance of the building facilities per prescribed technical standard through advanced technical systems including BMS, HVAC, solar panels and security systems, including (i) preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements to ensure continuity of operations and minimum expenditure on asset replacement and (ii) repair in accordance with manufacturer and installer guidelines;
- Supervise Facilities Management team and other support staff under the UN House Manager including but not limited to Internal Cleaning Services, Gardening/Landscape Services, and outsourced Technical Building & Facilities Maintenance services as below:
- Overall Management of Technical Building Maintenance & Operation of the Building Management System (BMS);
- Maintenance of all Air Conditioning Systems in all buildings within the premises;
- Maintenance of all Electrical & Low Voltage Facilities/Equipment in all buildings and the external within the premises;
- Maintenance of others Electro-Mechanical & Carpentry Facilities/Equipment within the premises;
- Maintenance of the Fire Prevention Facilities in all buildings within the premises;
- Maintenance and Operation of UN House Generators and Powerhouse Switch Gears, HT & LV Control Panels;
- Maintenance of the Mechanical, HVAC, Water, Sanitary Facilities, Plumbing and Drainage in all buildings and external within the premises;
- Health Safety and Environment for the Services above.
- Support revision of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) of the services under her/his responsibility, improve the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) detailing how the service levels will be implemented, and communicate to all stakeholders;
- Coordinate system repairs and monitor system performance.
- Develop and supervise implementation of new or upgrade projects and modifications
- Ensure provision of high-quality input and advise on technical issues regarding new/upgrade projects and modifications/renovations/refurbishment of the facilities/buildings;
- Manage overall project schedules to meet critical timelines and cost budgets and ensure smooth running;
- Facilities Management and Building Maintenance
- Ensure provision of high-quality input and advise on technical issues regarding facilities management and building maintenance services;
- Ensure compliance with United Nations rules, regulations, policies and strategies related to common premises management. Compliance of refurbishment or construction works in accordance with the necessary technical specifications, building codes and regulations;
- Revise from time to time, the internal operating procedures for premises and services management with a view to aligning them with global best practices, preventive maintenance works, site development and construction, out-sourcing and contracting, and cost-saving and reduction strategies;
- Provide technical support to the UN House Manager and UN House Development Committee, designing, reviewing and vetting all architectural & engineering designs, BoQs etc. and ensuring quality and value for money;
- Participation in relevant technical meetings to ensure that UN inputs and vision are fully integrated into the implementation of the projects;
- Relate with relevant Government of Nigeria Agencies as per regulations, approvals, implementations.
- Initiate Green Building efficiency agenda
- Oversee all new/remodel/modification projects including design, implementation or construction.
- Determine budget requirements and submit proposal for final approval;
- Ensure that all new/upgrade/modification projects comply with statutory, safety and legal requirements;
- Provide related technical support to Agencies building/facilities projects, modifications of spaces, partitions, local area networks [LAN], power and other infrastructures;
- Provide technical supports to Agencies in areas of building/facility projects;
- Report to the UN House Manager/UN House Development Committee on agreed basis and respond to queries from this committee where possible pertaining:
- Provide technical support/guidance on the UN approach to green infrastructure and energy efficiency for the implementation in the UN House premises in terms of:
- Efficiency Resource use (energy saving, water waste management and materials with LEE);
- Environment friendly actions (waste reduction, recycling of materials and climate change adaptation) and occupant wellness (indoor air quality, lighting and internal comfort).
- Support Common Premises Budget and Operations
- Support the preparation of the Facilities Management annual budget and implement the approved workplans, monitors and reports on progress;
- Support UN House Manager on the continuous improvement of business processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness;
- Support common premises knowledge building and knowledge sharing including dissemination of Common Premises Best Practices in the country;
- Prepare technical brief notes, analyses and reports on common premises.
- Prepare ToR for common-premises related services or contract extension under purview;
- Ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of common premises contracts, monitors performance of premises outsourced services, provide guidance and supervise the services to ensure they are in line with signed contract. Manages contractor and vendor relationships;
- Perform functions as delegated in the Atlas management system;
- Support advancement of a common business operations efficiency agenda;
- Monitor and track all modifications within the facility and bring drawings up to date on the as-built drawings.
- Contribution to the Advancement UN Reform Agenda
Impact of results:
- The key results of the Facility Analyst are execution, transparent and efficient provision of technical services, maintain and improve the service provision structure, undertakes continuous capacity building of staff and promotes a client-focused and results-oriented approach in areas under his/her responsibility.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Engineering or other related discipline. Must be a member of a recognized Nigerian professional association and duly certified professional.
- Project Management Professional [PMP] Certification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing complex building facilities/infrastructure [design and construction] in a client-oriented industry within an international organization is required;
- Strong skills in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems required;
- Professional registration with a recognized and position related professional association like in Quantity surveying/Architecture/Land survey and other related bodies.
- Technical experience in handling of Building Management Systems;
- 2 years work experience in premises management related functions in an international organization or Diplomatic Mission;
- Extensive experience in operating and usage of a Building Management System (BMS) is required;
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build and/or /maintain coalitions/partnership.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously.
Functional / Technical Competencies
Business Management: Operations Management
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and oversee the Organization’s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner.
- Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms.
Business Management: Customer Satisfaction/Client Management:
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs.
- Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests.
- Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
- Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
Business Direction & Strategy:
- Entrepreneurial Thinking: Ability to create clarity around UNDP value proposition to beneficiaries and partners and to develop service offers responding to client needs based on UNDP’s organizational priorities and mandate.
Business Management: Evaluation:
- Ability to make an independent judgement based on set criteria and benchmarks.
- Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
Business Development: Integration within the UN:
- Ability to identity, and integrate capacity and assets of the UN system, and engage in joint work;
- knowledge of the UN System and ability to apply this knowledge to strategic and/or practical situations.
Business Development: UNDP Representation:
- Ability to represent UNDP and productively share UNDP knowledge and activities;
- Advocate for UNDP, its values, mission and work with various constituencies.
Business Management: Communication:
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th July, 2023.