Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
- This role will support Plan International Nigeria Country Program to ensure Admin, Logistics and Procurement activities are in line with organisational and project objectives and donors’ expectations and guidelines.
- The Admin and Logistics Assistant will ensure effective Administrative, Logistics and Procurement support and implementation of Plan International Nigeria to enable on-time delivery at value for money of all procurement for which Plan International is responsible.
- The Admin and Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting the existing operations team with Administrative and logistics planning and implementation of Plan International Nigeria’s country program.
- We are looking for a candidate that has a minimum of 2 years work experience in Administration, Supply chain and Logistics, with a University Degree in Business, Management or any related field.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- People Skills: Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership
- Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with vendors as a representative of Plan international. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan international’s core values and humanitarian principles.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
- We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
- We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
- Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
- A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme
- In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
Application Deadline 14th August, 2023.