British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion-dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Auditor
Employment type: Full-time
Seniority Level: Non-managements
Reports to: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Role Positioning and Objectives
- As a Quality Auditor, you will need to ensure that Quality measurements are taken, analyzed, trended and reported so that timely accurate and relevant Quality data can be issued to customers and business management. In addition, you will need to develop, implement and maintain work instructions, test methods and calibration in compliance with ISO 9001 – 2015 and other BATN-documented procedures.
What you will be accountable for
- Understand the basics and fundamentals of Tobacco processing in primary and secondary manufacturing departments
- Implement quality assurance standards.
- Ensure timely collection of all samples in line with protocol and preparation of reports
- Review and Authenticate the accuracy of reports and data collected during the shift period by the end of shift.
- Strive to reduce non-conformance by prompt intervention, advice and collaboration with manufacturing personnel
- Comply to EMS requirements by continuously reducing the impact of our aspect and improving environmental performance
- Provide equipment performance report/ feedback to instrumentation technician.
- Liaise with the Quality Manager/supervisor/Team leaders regarding all issues of quality.
- Carry out investigative studies to understand and improve production process parameters.
- Participate in knowledge, process and procedure review sessions organized by Team Leaders / supervisors
- Identify training needs of self to help drive effectiveness and improved quality of work.
- Conform to the laboratory working standards.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance to all protocols for FPI-X and Q2.
- Ensure all non-conformances and quality-related issues are documented and reported to the quality manager, supervisor, and all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure proper use of all relevant test equipment
- Ensure 100% data accuracy in all quality function records.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Science Field with Chemistry, Mathematics or Statistics as a major study area
- Good reporting skills
- Able to plan, organise and deliver results in time to meet deadline
- Passion for excellence and adherence to standards, process and procedure
- At least 1 year of working experience in a similar role
- Experience in doing assigned audits and tasks within functional area
- Knowledge of factory processes and procedures.
- Functional knowledge of quality analysis tools (Pareto, Excel, Fishbone diagram, UPS, 5 whys and SPC tool.
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market-leading bonus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply