The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Zonal Union Affairs Officer
Location: Cairo, Egypt (CAF Headquaters)
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit a Zonal Union Affairs Officer.
Member Associations Management:
- Prepare dashboards on Member Associations and Zonal Unions annual activities and keep them updated.
- Managing Portfolios of Member Associations.
- Build relationships, communicating regularly, leading calls and meetings with MAs.
- Collect research data and preparing periodic reports (e.g., budget analysis summaries and status updates).
- Create presentations and managing internal as well as external correspondences.
- Assist other MA Division, e.g.: supporting Financial Governance with Central Review and Action Plan feedback, gathering the necessary Statutory Audit documentation.
- Taking of minutes in meetings with MAs.
- Maintain database of Member Associations and Zonal Unions up to date.
- Track Member Associations’ and Zonal Unions’ General Assemblies and file records meeting minutes and agendas.
Zonal Union Relations Management:
- Collect, archive, and consolidate information pertaining to the Zonal Unions Administration; including but not limited to, Zonal Union meeting agendas, minutes, and documentation.
- Assist the Head of Zonal Union Affairs in attending to issues pertaining to the Zonal Unions by communicating to the different CAF departments.
- Take minutes of Zonal Union meetings.
- Collect, organize, and prepare reports as needed regarding the CAF requirements from the MAs and Zonal Unions.
- Assist the Head of Zonal Union Affairs in organizing activities for the Zonal Unions (Meetings on the side-lines of the CAF General Assembly, workshops, etc.).
- Organize and archive information received from the Executive Directors relating to their respective Member Associations and Zonal Unions as needed by CAF in collaboration with the Head of Zonal Union Affairs.
- Collect Zonal competition budgets and corroborate them with the delegation and fixture of the competitions.
- Prepare payment request forms for Financial Governance Manager.
- Consolidate payments of Zonal Competitions organized and follow up with Financial Governance to ensure payments are done in a timely manner and in line with the budget.
- Follow up with the Financial Governance Manager on the payment request approvals and coordinate with the Finance Member Associations Partners to ensure payments are done.
- Communicate swift confirmations to the Zonal Unions upon receipt from Finance.
- Archive and file Zonal Union budgets, payments, participating teams, and any information related to the Zonal Union competitions.
- University Degree in Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Good understanding of Football Management.
- Fluent in English & French both written and spoken is a must; and knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office as well as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Willingness to travel.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension schemes.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters) in English to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration.
- Only qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.