Travel Assistant at Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
We are recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Travel Assistant
Job Code: 10.2.17
- Arranges reservations, calculates fares, reschedules and confirms flights for official missions, home leave and education grant travel
- Provides flight information, airlines options, and services as required
- Arranges airfreight and excess luggage shipments and assists in matters of damaged/lost luggage, tickets etc.
- Provides administrative services for installation of new staff regarding refunds of ticket and transport of personal effects
- Provides administrative services for removals upon termination of service
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Requirements and Work Experience
- Vocational training
- 5 years of experience in travel agencies and/or airlines as a ticketing and reservation agent
Skills and Knowledge:
- Hands-on experience in travel reservation, ticketing, hotel reservation and bookings, visa issuing, airport and VIP services
- Initiative and integrity
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; German an asset
- Hands-on experience in operating all airline reservation systems at the latest Microsoft version
- Advanced Certificate in Global Distribution System (GDS) and experience in IATA system
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Monthly basic salary of (€3,660 x 12 per year), with tax-free benefits and six-week annual leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a Resume and an Application Form which can be downloaded from the link below, and sent to: [email protected] using the job code, “10.2.17” as the subject of the mail.
- In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
- Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 55 years.
Application Deadline 3rd September, 2023.