Tincan Island Container Terminal is a subsidiary of a multinational/global entity in the maritime sector. A rewarding career, great culture and working environment are what we offer if you decide to join us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Terberg Operator
Employment Type: Contract
- The role is responsible for the transportation of containers within the terminal using the terminal truck unit (Terberg) according to instructions provided by Vessel Operations and Yard Supervisors.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Receives instruction on daily work schedules from supervisors
- Transports containers from quay apron to the yard and verse-versa
- Carries out all tasks as directed by the Vessel Operations and Yard Supervisors
- Inspects vehicles for mechanical or electrical faults before the commencement of operations
- Reports mechanical or electrical faults to the Shift Lead or Supervisor
- Documents and logs mileage and fuel meter reading
- Transports containers from the yard to the examination area and vice-versa
- Transports empty containers from the barge to the empty area and from the empty area to the quay apron
- Transports full export containers from the barge to the weighbridge for weighing and to the export area for stacking
Safety & Compliance:
- Adheres to safety requirements (right tools usage, safe working environment) while executing job task
- Keeps the cabin area in the equipment clean always
- Attends weekly safety training
Teamwork and Performance:
- Works with team members to complete designated tasks
- Takes ownership of own performance using the TICT performance management system
- Attends and maximizes training recommended by Supervisors and HR to close performance & development gaps
- Educational: OND or its equivalent in any field of study.
- Professional: Driver License class G or B.
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 12th May, 2023.