Miva Open University is an education company building a new kind of university targeted at the African region. Miva is a Pan- African Distance e-Learning University that is built on a couple of beliefs: Firstly, we believe that the traditional brick and mortar approach to tertiary education is no longer a viable option in serving learners on the African continent. This approach will not provide the capacity and efficacy for the people of the region.
We are building a university experience that can leverage excellent academic talent (wherever it is to be found) and digital technologies to create a new, fresh, more efficacious and more accessible tertiary experience. Our second belief is that this new tertiary experience must not only meet but exceed the existing way of doing things in terms of quality, efficacy and preparing learners for the future. We are uncompromising in these beliefs and this is why we are excited to speak to you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Student-Faculty Relations Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Student-Faculty Relations Manager is a pivotal role responsible for fostering positive and productive interactions between students and faculty members within the university.
- This position involves implementing programs and initiatives to enhance communication, collaboration, and understanding between students and faculty, promoting a supportive learning environment.
- The Student-Faculty Relations Manager serves as a liaison, addressing concerns, and advocating for the interests of both students and faculty to promote a harmonious academic community.
- Communication Facilitation: Establish and maintain effective channels of communication between students and faculty to ensure that concerns, feedback, and suggestions are appropriately addressed.
- Student Representation: Work closely with student organizations to understand student needs and perspectives, effectively representing these views to faculty and administration.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Utilize data and feedback to evaluate the effectiveness of student-faculty relations programs and initiatives, generating reports to inform decision-making.
- Community Building: Organize events, workshops, and networking opportunities that facilitate interactions between students and faculty outside of the classroom setting.
- Student-Faculty Advocacy: Advocate for student interests, needs, and perspectives to faculty and administration, and vice versa, bridging communication gaps and promoting mutual understanding.
- Conflict Resolution: Address conflicts and issues that may arise between students and faculty, providing a neutral and supportive platform for open dialogue and resolution.
- Program Development: Develop initiatives and programs that promote positive student-faculty relations, fostering a culture of inclusivity, respect, and collaboration within the academic community.
- Faculty Training: Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to provide faculty members with training and resources on effective communication, student engagement, and best practices for student support.
- Student Support Services: Coordinate with student support services to ensure that students have access to academic resources, mentorship opportunities, and counseling services.
- Faculty Feedback Mechanisms: Implement mechanisms for students to provide feedback on their academic experiences, ensuring that faculty members receive constructive input for continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Communication, Student Affairs, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in Higher Education: Several years of experience working in student affairs, academic advising, or a similar role within a university setting.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively mediate and facilitate discussions.
- Data Analysis: Proficiency in data analysis to inform decision-making and assess program effectiveness.
- Collaborative Approach: A collaborative approach to work, working effectively with various teams and departments.
- Student-Centered Philosophy: A commitment to student success and a student-centered approach to higher education.
- Conflict Resolution: Demonstrated expertise in conflict resolution and problem-solving to address student-faculty concerns.
- Relationship Building: Proven ability to build positive relationships with students, faculty, and university stakeholders.
- Advocacy Skills: Strong advocacy skills to represent student interests and needs effectively.
- Program Development: Experience in developing and implementing programs related to student support and engagement.
- Empathy and Sensitivity: Empathetic and sensitive to the needs and experiences of diverse student populations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.