State Project Coordinator at the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, IFAD assisted Livelihood Improvement family Enterprise – Niger Delta (LIFE-ND) Project Edo State Project Coordinating Office (SPCO), invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Project Coordinator for Edo State Project Coordinating Office of the Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises in the Nige Delta (LIFE-ND) Project
Location: Benin, Edo
Introduction / Background
- The Federal Government of Nigeria (hereafter called the Borrower) has received a credit of 60 million USD from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) with additional financing of 30 million USD from the Niger Delta Development Commission(NDDC) towards the cost of implementing a FGN/IFAD/NDDC assisted Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises Project in nine states of the Niger Delta Region.
- IFAD financing will focus on six states of Abia, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo and Ondo while NDDC financing will cover three States of Akwa-Ibom, Imo and Rivers.
- The LIFE-ND is planned with a financing gap of six years in the first instance and additional six years to be financed in future by other partners and or an additional IFAD loan. The project targets establishing over 38,250 agri business enterprises.
- The objective of the project is to enhance income, food security and job creation for youths and women using sustainable agri business development in the Niger Delta.
- To facilitate implementation of the project in Edo state, It is a requirement to have qualified and competent personnel from state to fill the position of EdoState Project Coordinator.
- The State Project Coordinator will be responsible for overall coordination and implementation of the project in the State.
- He/She will be responsible for managing the team of subject matter specialists within the State Project Coordination Office (SPCO) and ensuring their satisfactory performance to implement project activities.
- A key element of the position is to ensure that the project achieves its developmental objectives.
- Head the Secretariat of the State Project Steering Committee.
- Promote teamwork of the project officers for implementation.
- Convene regular meetings with the staff of SPCO.
- Ensure timely delivery of quality reports (AWPB, semi-annual reports, financial statement, audit report, ORMS data etc.) to the LIFE-ND Coordination Office (NPCO).
- Supervise the selection of service providers where necessary and formulate TORS and scope of work for the service providers, supervise, monitor and certify the work of service providers for the various activities and assignment.
- Ensure completion of procurement process in full compliance with IFAD and FGN procurement guidelines and procedure.
- Manage and motivate the project staff to ensure consistent achievement of quality project results.
- Ensure quality of service provided by the agri-enterprise incubators, service providers, and consultants hired for implementation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or higher-level University Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration or other related discipline with knowledge of contemporary issues in agriculture, agribusiness and rural development.
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience including at least 5 years in agriculture or agribusiness management position in a development project.
- Good writing skills and computer literacy.
Reporting and location:
- The position will be for Benin and Edo State SPCO. The State Project Coordinator will report directly to the National Project Coordinator on both technical and administrative issues.
- The duration of the assignment will be on 2-year renewable contract following a successful completion of a 1-year probation period. Subsequent contract renewal will be based on satisfactory performance review.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter with detailed CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 29th December, 2023.