Shipping Manager at African Industries Group (AIG)
African Industries Group (AIG) is a diversified global conglomerate with a legacy of 51 years of business excellence and sustainable growth. It is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. It has been contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic growth and industrial development and is equally committed towards the nurturing and development of the local community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shipping Manager
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently managing 300-plus containers for import and 100-plus containers for export each month. Additionally, we handle up to 25,000mt of breakbulk and bulk imports, as well as 5,000mt of exports (primarily steel products and dry chemicals).
- We also handle the clearance of project cargo, vehicles, and air freight. In addition to cargo clearance, we are responsible for negotiating and coordinating road transportation to factories or stockyards, which can involve up 800 plus trucks on a monthly basis.
We are currently seeking a shipping manager who will be responsible for the following:
- Negotiating freight rates & building relationships with shipping lines for exports
- Coordinating inspections and managing claims
- Ensuring the documentation process is followed accurately for both import and export operations
- Managing and overseeing truck operations, including negotiations and follow-up
- Handling final payments for demurrage, detention, and port storage
- Budgeting for export and import clearance and forwarding.
- B.Sc or Master’s Degree in a related field
- 5-7 years of experience as a shipping manager
- Must have experience dealing with government agencies
- Have exceptional communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st December, 2023.