Procurement Supervisor at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Supervisor
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The role of a Procurement Supervisor is one that requires constant attention to detail and an eye for quality. You will be saddled with the below stated responsibilities and more if the need arises.
- Sourcing, Supplier qualification, negotiations, electronic auctions, spend & pipeline management, and contract compliance monitoring.
- Executes sourcing in line with Maersk 6-sourcing steps
- Work with relevant users and team in performing objective supplier qualification with emphasis on Sustainable procurement
- Carryout negotiations using established e-tools and platforms, guided by Nigeria Procurement operating procedure, and protecting the ethics of our e-Procurement platforms
- Drive spends and pipeline management in line with APMM e-platforms and reporting guidelines.
- Lead contract compliance monitoring and management efforts with user departments, tracked via daily management
- Effectively identify contracting opportunities to improve handsfree performance of the terminal, locking prices to keep inflation out and pegging price adjustments to approved, relevant government indexes.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Contracts are drafted in line with the existing guidelines and operating procedures to ensuring full cover for APMT and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Review bids to ensure they meet all legal requirements, including being within budget.
- Support in monitoring of progress of sourcing projects by communicating updates with relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with Procurement Manager and relevant stakeholders in ensuring qualification and registration of suppliers as may be needed from time to time.
- Coordinate with the APMT Procurement Hub team in executing the requisition-to-pay (RtP) processes while effectively seeking out practices that best support the business.
- Coordinate with Stores/Warehouse team in understanding order-point-planning and MRPs, to ensure capturing of accurate lead-time, as well as communicating in clear terms, any bottlenecks and challenges with APMM GFA (Global Framework Agreement) Suppliers so they are timely addressed.
- Set up or support any existing standard work to create more visibility for the Procurement manager, identify any urgent transactions, to support users in delivering their functional obligations.
- Collaborate with accounts payable (AP) teams in establishing and/or improving existing standard work leading to healthy and effective AP process that ensures strong DPOs, keeping with our commitments to Suppliers, thereby enhancing Supplier relationship and protecting the reputation of APMM. Ensure internal controls and standard practices are in place and followed, including being fully appraised on Maersk Procurement standards and handbook, Nigeria Procurement SOP and APMT Control Manual, among others.
- Drive, own and conclude report on identified control activities assigned by the Procurement Manager for audit purpose.
- Drive periodic supplier performance management exercise to ensure quality of products or services and ensuring improvement plan from Suppliers were performance falls below expectation.
- Coordinate the sales and/or disposal of approved end-of-life assets, and waste materials through approved company procedures to ensure sustainable practices are in place.
- Ensure up to date data entry, monitoring and tracking of information on the various data entry of performance management tools such as FLEX, DocuSign, SQDC board, Visual and Daily Management boards, etc.
- Fully align and be guided by the Company way of working, applying lean principles and methodologies in the elimination of wastes in systems and processes.
- Constantly seek out best practices with APMM and the industry and seek adoption in the entity.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant course
- +5 years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, or Strategic Sourcing
- Desirable to have at least one of the certifications – PMP, CIPS or CSCP
- Knowledge of procurement strategies and tactics
- Proven Knowledge of International commercial terms (INCO Terms) for use in international transactions
- Apt decision-making skills
- Good industry experience is an added advantage
- Category Management Skills is an added advantage
- Must have experience handling large-sized budget and purchases (OPEX & CAPEX)
- ERP experience is a must have
- Previous experience in Project Management
- Analytical and negotiation skills
- Contract drafting, monitoring and management skills
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Time management skills, able to juggle between tasks and apply judgement in prioritising tasks
- Effective stakeholder management
- A good Team player
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and fast paced environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified