Packaging Manager at Guinness Nigeria PLC
Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packaging Manager
Job ID: JR1083610
Location: Benin, Edo
Job type: Full-time
About The Role
- The Packaging Managers also ensures the entrenchment of WCM practices in an environment with a high number of unskilled or semi-skilled staff including temporary and casual workers.
- Packaging of 1.6 million hl of product on HSB lines of variable age and technology
- Fixed cost budget of N1 billion per year + variable cost.
- Assets worth approximately N5 billion.
- 10 management staff and c.250 non-management staff
- To deliver, through management of personnel and assets, quality product for distribution to the consumer according to business requirements
- Achieve or exceed the Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale (QCDSM) targets decided by the business.
- Meet site production programme, including QCDSM targets, and ensure adherence to GN/GIDV policy and procedures.
- Ensure alignment of situational, systemic and strategic activities through formal Level 2 and Level 3 reviews.
- Lead teams according to principles of Guinness Nigeria Policy, Diageo Values and WCM, providing frontline HR management of Teams including morale, team, grievances etc.
- Define and implement departmental strategy, aligned to WCM, using the following toots to meet improvement targets.
- Goal Alignment
- CI Partnership
- Maintenance Systems
- Define and lead personnel, revenue and capital budgets for the department.
- Plan production to optimise efficiency and build strategic stocks to ensure supply through peak periods.
- Produce aligned Team and individual goals & development plan and implement accountability.
- Local Incident Committee (LIC) and Crisis Management Committee member.
- Responsible for the control and sale of all by-products.
- Liaison with Nigerian Customs Service officials to ensure legal compliance.
- Honours Degree in Science or Engineering.
- Detailed knowledge of:
- Site packaging Procedures and Work Instructions as laid down in Quality Manual
- HR policies and procedures
- HSE policies and procedure
- Professional Qualification – e.g. IOB or NSE.
- Seven years in a packaging or manufacturing environment.
- Strong general management and mentoring skills.
- Detailed understanding of packaging processes and abreast of developments in Manufacturing Best Practice.
- Principles and application of Effective Management and Coaching.
- Able to apply principles of change management.
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Meeting demand in climate of increasing sales.
- Managing a split site/hall operation with high manning/low skill workforce.
- Managing both new and ageing assets and technology.
- Delivery QCSM targets in capacity constrained business environment.
- Displacing entrenched practices with a WCM vision and culture.
- Developing management and staff talent.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified